Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Looks Like a Late Hunt for Archery Elk >

Looks Like a Late Hunt for Archery Elk

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Looks Like a Late Hunt for Archery Elk

Old 09-17-2002, 05:58 PM

Default Looks Like a Late Hunt for Archery Elk

Well, unfortunately I did not get any elk in September so I will head back to the Taneum in WA. in November. If I play my cards right I can have 5 days worth of hunting (Fri 22, Sat 23, Sun 24 and then the following Sat, Sunday) Thanks to WASH, I ran into a few elk last weekend - couldn't get a shot off (archery). The elk won last time but I shall overcome.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Looks Like a Late Hunt for Archery Elk

Better not be folks telling secrets....*L*

Edited by - Wash on 09/17/2002 19:53:57
Old 09-18-2002, 01:05 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Chasman. I really wish the Stampede Unit was open for the late hunt. I've found some awesome spots this season. Now I've got to start over for a late spot on the west side. If anyone wants to help a fella out, I'm all ears. You can e-mail me any useful info. It is excruciating to think that I was only 4" from not having to worry about any more this year.

I wish I knew what they were going to do with the season dates next year. The wife is gonna be at Walter Reed Army Hospital next July, August, and September for a course. I think she'll get back the last week of September, so archery elk would be out if dates don't change. I'll be pulling out the smoke pole, and I won't be able to hunt the Stampede Unit. I've started over every season for the past 3 years. I've gotta stop doing that. As if hunting with a bow wasn't hard enough, now I have to find out about a new spot.

Hunt hard, live right, and tell your kids you love 'em!

Edited by - slee on 09/18/2002 02:10:21
Old 09-18-2002, 10:45 AM

Slee,
I feel for you. They Army has screwed up every hunting season since I've been here, well there, Since I'm in Cuba for this season. Maybe next year....
Dan
Old 09-18-2002, 10:48 AM

Slee, you are in luck on the West side - if you drive i-90 to hwy 18 cutoff I can't remember the GMU or if it is even open for the late hunt - check the regs but there are a ton of elk throughout - this is not too far from where I live and 2 weeks ago I saw two 5 pt bulls in my neighbors yard. I go to the east side for the camping, different areas and to get away. Chas.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Typical Buck

Chasman, are you talking about the Issaquah Unit(454)? It goes from Everett to Duvall, to Fall City, to I-90 E to Hwy 18 at Raging River, along the watershed, to Hwy 410, W back over to 99, and back up to Everett(roughly). Shoot me an e-mail. I'd like to talk to you a little bit about the area around your neck of the woods. Unit 454 is open for any elk during the late hunt, but I'll be competing with Muzzleloader hunters. I've been told the area is mostly Weyco by $50 permit, or private land. Any info you can give would be awesome. There'd even be some elk steaks in it if I tag one.

Hunt hard, live right, and tell your kids you love 'em!