Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE LATE season ARCHERY:) >

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Old 11-27-2003, 07:59 PM

Default DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

i was out today on a scouting mission, but i had the BLK max with me just in case there are rubs on some huge trees...i was shocked...really shocked. should i hunt the areas where i see 4-5 rubs in a small area???
Old 11-30-2003, 08:06 PM

Default RE: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

WELL, from the looks of things, i must be alone here. i am having a ball though...i am seeing deer and they arent seeing me. i am just waiting and waiting. hey, i might not shoot a thing, but i am having a ball being in the woods and not seeing a soul. all of u guys that have given up.....thank you
Old 12-01-2003, 05:31 AM

I spent last week trying to shoot some geese, but that has been almost as hopeless as the deer seasons have been. My vacations are pretty much through until Xmas week. I may venture out Saturday with the Bow if the weather/wind is good. The least I' ll do is throw some corn out at the leased place. I' d like to have it out at least a week before Antlerless Shotgun comes in. Gotta get one in the freezer soon! Times a wastin!!
Old 12-01-2003, 05:02 PM

i hunted the wind on sat...saw some does, but nothing to shoot. i was to far away to drag a doe out monster buck is all i had my mind on. i hunted from the T2...i love that thing in the wind. it is warm in there i am going to hunt the corn on wed...trails all around it.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:16 PM

i am out at 5am wed morning....hunting away from the corn hoping to catch them coming from an am feed. i am not sure if it will work, but i have to try something
Old 12-03-2003, 07:26 PM

hunted from 615 until noon...nothing and it was cold. the deer are on the winter patterns and i will change tactics next week. i am going to hunt closer to the tall grasses. i think the small gamers have forced them form the woods and corn fields to the grasses. that is where all of the trails are leading. we will see next week or mayb sat morning i hunted from the t2 again...it had all of the wind off of me
Old 12-05-2003, 04:27 PM

If it wasnt suppose to be so damn windy tomorrow i'd give it a go in the afternoon. Cant beat going right after a snowfall. But, i'm not sitting up in a tree looking into a gale force wind. I'll take advantage of the fresh snow Sunday morning to scout a bit and dump some corn on the leased field. Maybe i can get bag a Doe during shotgun antlerless next week. With my luck this year, that will be the day the 10 pointer comes by,,,
Old 12-05-2003, 06:59 PM

well//i am not sure about the gale force winds, but there will be some winds. i would give it a go///on the ground. are there any pines where u live??? is there an area that the deer bed where the thermals are good??? i think i am going out. Hey guess what??? u might be right about the 10 pter....2nd rut will be the next week or so. good luck and use a drag rag
Old 12-06-2003, 08:33 PM

The wind wasnt too bad so I headed out this afternoon. Went to the leased field but my stand was covered with ice and I didnt even think to bring anything to scrape it off. Since a broken neck wasnt in the plans, I went over to the public ground and was set up on the ground by 3:15pm. With 3 mins left of legal light, a doe came by in bow range. Never offered a good shot. Although the area hadnt been hunted in 2 weeks (if the sign in board was right) she was plenty spooky. Never saw me though and I was pretty much in the wide open. Maybe next time.

Heading down tomorrow to throw some corn out at the leased field and do some scouting.

Anyone else head out today?
Old 12-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, went over to my lease last night to pass shoot cans..they never came but I saw the same big six piont I saw last week. He'll be a great deer in 2 more years if he gets by. Did not see ANY tracks on the lease...guess the deer were waiting for evening and the snow to stop. Hey Duckmastor, if you are not seeing much on state...have you ever hunted The Gray Farm on rt. 9? Before I got my lease I hunted there alot. In fact there is a clover field that has a stand close to it up near the management house.(I think it is stand 10)Or you can get on marsh runs and hunt them when the tide comes in. Just a thought!

Good luck,
DJ

Quick Reply: DE LATE season ARCHERY:)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.