of my own to get away to. I hunt a lot of
deer and turkey on the eastcoast but
would love to hunt many of the game
animals the west has to offer. What areas
would you guys recommend.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: land in the west

I live in helena montana the price of land here SUCKS but there is many good hunting spots.

good luck good hunting land is hard to find.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 PM

not to be to one sided, but u should look into wyoming. the taxes are just pennies compaired to other states. the land is good priced and most everyone here is decent. and we have lots of game to hunt! good luck with your search!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:01 PM

I also live in VA, and will be in WY this September for a week's vacation. I'd like to do some grouse hunting while I'm there.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Arizona,has a lot of public land to hunt on rather than a lot of states,and there is good hunting there. vangunsmith
Old 04-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for hunting land you would be better off purchasing a small plot that borders BLM or national forest. Most of the western states are smothered in public land. I would look into a plot that is nieghbored by other private land so that access is controlled into the publc land and can't be crossed without permission. I hunt a ranch that is about 10,000 acres. It is bordered by other private land owners. There is several hundred tousand acres that can only be accessed through the private land. So with a situation like this there is a big bang for the buck. No pun intended. You would have your own land and also have control into a portion of public property. To me this would give you more land to hunt at a cheaper price. Western game is more nomadic and you would have to own a chunk of land to make sure that you will have game on your property.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you want land in arizona, near towns and cities the prices suck, you will will pay atleast 10,000 per acre, but if you are lookin for strictly hunting land, you can get acerage cheap out in the boonies. I just bought a 2 acre house lot in dewey,az cost me 25,000 but the next town over you can get 40 acres for around 10,000 but...... will cost you a fortune to get utilities out to your property.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:59 AM

Do a seach on the net for realtors and see what you can find. It takes some digging but is well worth your time.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 AM

Look in GovernmentLand Auction.com
Old 04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Elkcrazy8, how is it public land if you can only access it through private land. That land locking is a bunch of BS.

Quick Reply: land in the west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.