Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Bacon in Washington? >

Bacon in Washington?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Bacon in Washington?

Old 04-06-2005, 03:02 PM

Default RE: Bacon in Washington?

Heard from a friend of mine there are some around Shelton. They get in his gardens,ect. vangunsmith
Old 04-06-2005, 03:27 PM

last I herd is that they lived in the swamps around Shelton but that second hand from a WDFW guy?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Typical Buck

We use to see boars all the time in Hawai'i. Big ones. Even blue ones red ones. My dog use to point them out. Imagine hunting with a 20ga, and your dog points, looks at you, then points again. Approach the bush only to be looking face first at a big blue boar. Almost wet my pants. Face was the size of my upper torso. That happened twice.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:33 AM

My oldest daughter and I found a small group of wild pigs several years ago while scouting for deer. That was before the game department got involved and said it was open season. I ended up going back with a buddy several times to try to capture some alive. The first one we got was a boar about 80 pounds. we roped it and passed the rope through a crate and drug it in. That was one heck of a battle, that thing had some real tusks on it. After that we went for the smaller ones and managed to get a sow about 40 pounds and a couple piglets about 10 pounds. We put them in an old dog kennel by my house. The boar escaped and was seen about a mile from my house a couple weeks later. I ended up giving the rest away. Once the game department put it in the paper it was open season on hogs it was over pretty fast and I hav'nt heard of a pig sighting in several years. It was sure fun trying to rope em though. If I would have had a vidio camera it would have been a landslide victory on AFV.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:27 PM

I think the rumours helped the local economy - - - especially that of the sporting goods/gun store. I hunted the area pretty heavily
on a couple occasions a few years ago, and didn't see any sign of them. The country over there is very thick and I ended up dumping the rifle & carrying a 44 mag revolver which gave me use of my hands for crawling through the thick stuff. - - - I saw lots of deer & grouse, but no porkers or porker sign. - - - -