Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Bacon in Washington? >

Bacon in Washington?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Bacon in Washington?

Old 01-20-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Bacon in Washington?

So I've heard rumor that there are supposed to be a number of wild pigs running around on the west side of our state, is there any truth to this? if so, where abouts would you go to get one? What are the regulations on them?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:15 PM

Default RE: Bacon in Washington?

Where on the west side? I haven't seen any over here, no rumors of any either. Just some ugly woman but I don't think we should call them wild pigs, or shoot them!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Typical Buck

Rumor is there are some in the Wynoochee valley over by Montesano. Depends on who you ask. Some people swear they are there, and others hunt the area and say they've seen no sign.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I think the rumors were about javelinas running SW washington a year or so ago. They came up from CA. They had a quick open season which promptly wiped them out. It was on the news.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:07 PM

A few years ago there was big news that some feral hogs were living in the area north of the chehalis near montesano/satsop areas. Some were actually killed there, but it was more of a fizzle than any kind of an explosion. Excitement died pretty fast.Haven't heard of any the past couple years.

On the other hand, a friend of mine shot 3 feral porkers on a wheat farm near Davenport this past deer season. Biggest was about 300#. Guess they escaped from a guy who leased some of his land and were tearing up the grain pretty bad. Had some; they was gooood porkchops!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:20 PM

Yep, the Nooch area was loaded, or say they said.
You might try talkin to the Park Rangers in the Olympic National Park. A few years back I saw a large pig while hunting bear just south of the Queets river.
I told a parkie (he was patrolling the boundary) about it and he said they see/hear about them every once in a while. I told him the one I saw was the size of a 150 pound bear and he said most sightings are alot smaller, like 50 pounds.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 AM

Ive seen wild boar in texas and the biggest boar ive seen shot went around 65 pounds, 150 pound boar is a bit far fetched from the ones ive seen and watched killed in hunts throughout the usa..
Old 04-06-2005, 10:18 AM

CamoKing - I ask that you reread my post before jumping to judgement. I stated that it was the SIZE of a 150 pound bear. NOT a 150 pound BOAR. I have not been around enough pigs to judge size or weight, but I do know bears.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:54 AM

I was not taking shots at you, I said for a wild boar that weight is a bit far fetched meaning they weight less... I never said your name and i did not want or intend to insult you thats not me..

I have worked years ago on a farm were the farmer had 3000 pigs and they weighted any where from 10 pounds to 500 pounds.. I use to spend summers in texas and seen many wild boars that only weighted up to 65 pounds...

If you thought i insulted you i do appoligize because like i said before it was not meant to be said that way..

Also Wether it's 150 pounds of feathers or 150 pounds of bricks * 150 pounds is still 150 pounds *
Old 04-06-2005, 02:55 PM

No offense taken and I am sorry if my post seemed curt. I was in a hurry to get out the door and did not take time to review the tone of my response.

Quick Reply: Bacon in Washington?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.