Colorado pheasant opener next weekend >

Colorado pheasant opener next weekend

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado pheasant opener next weekend

Old 11-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colorado pheasant opener next weekend

Who is headed out to blast some thunder chickens?

I can' t wait. The one thing I really miss about the living in the mid-west is bird hunting. A few of my buddies have moved away in the last year, so it might be a little harder to get the birds up, but I' m going to give it my best shot. Hopefully 2 of the cracklers will give me a nice crossing shot that I dream of this time of year.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Colorado pheasant opener next weekend

Right on wish i lived east of the rockies this time of year too the birds are scarce around here.. but look at this guy

Old 11-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

hunt on Jorgy....

Old 11-13-2003, 04:25 PM

Jorgy,

I hear ya man. Can' t wait to bust some roosters. It should be good hunting this year. I am down in the SE corner of the state and we are seeing a lot of birds, so I imagine it will be great in the central and northern parts of the state. I will be out all weekend, and my lab is ready to go after them birds. When I was hunting deer the other morning I counted close to 30 roosters out in a hay field. But I don' t want to ruin my deer hunting so I am going to leave that until later in the season.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:00 PM

CAN' T WAIT. Ran a few field trials and had my dogs on some pen raised birds this year, but nothing like having your heart pound 90 mph when a wild rooster pops out under your dogs nose. I have been hearing good reports from land owners and farmers this year. Seeing anything is a far cry from last year. The drought really put us behind here in Colorado. It' s so nice to hear people say they have to stop there truck on the way to work because they don' t want to hit all the pheasants crossing the road. Good luck to all....................
Old 11-17-2003, 10:22 AM

WE got 3 birds over the weekend. Saw quite a few birds. We actually lost 2 birds that we downed. The cover is weird, it is either so thin that nothing is in it, or so thick that you can' t get anything up out of it. Well we just need some moisture to help hold the birds some and help the dog' s nose out too.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Schemy, if you go over to the upland section, you can get my full report. It was awesome in Yuma were we hunted!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:06 AM

HEY JORGY,MY BUDDIES AND I HUNTED WEST OF YUMA AROUND OTIS AND WE SHOT 4 BIRDS BETWEEN 31 GUY' S.ALOT OF THE PEOPLE WE HUNTED WITH ARE FROM OTIS OR AROUND WASHINGTON COUNTY AND THE HUNTING WASN' T THAT GREAT.GLAD SOMEONE GOT SOME ACTION.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 PM

Hey Schemy, I was hunting your area this past weekend too on some private land, East of Walsh. Busted up a bunch of Pheasants and Quail. Was really happy to see as many birds as we did. You hunt close to that area?