9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project >

9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project

Old 08-09-2003, 02:19 PM

Default 9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project

Greetings from Colorado

I am working on a book project called " Where were you on 9/11" this project will share stories and personal experiences of hunters in the field, and those fishing
I am currently working on a book project g and finding out how the world changed in a matter of a few hours back in New York City. Where were you, what were you doing and how did you react when you heard the terrible news when you returned from the field or waters?

There is no compensation for your submission, but lets tell the world we as hunters and fishing people that we were just as shocked as the rest of America. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Please send submissions to:
Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, Colorado 80004

Or e-mail to:
[email protected]
Old 08-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project

Well i will just say where i was on here lol. I was living with my ex finacee in Montana at the time of the attacks. Her dad called us and told us what happened because we still asleep. I wasn' t able to hunt that year but i noticed how it did effect not only the hunters but as well as the military base personal because the town had a military base as well an a national air guard. The town itself actually had restrict curfews for several weeks. It was unreal and reminded me of something out of movie like Outbreak.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:28 AM

Was at work, when my wife called me and told me a plane had crashed into the WTC. Just as I turned on the TV, the second plane crashed into the second tower. I thought it was a replay, soon enough I found out it wasn' t. Needless to say not much work got accomplished that day, kept pretty close to the TV for the next several days. Still can' t believe how anyone could be a part of such a horrible act. Really opens my eyes, to the fact of how lucky we are to be able enjoy the freedoms that we do have. Made me appreciate a lot of little things in life, that sometimes go unnoticed on a day to day basis. Life is too short to not do the things that we can do, while we can do them.

A very sad day for America and the World. Hopefully, nothing like this will ever happen again.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:56 AM

My mother was visiting from Spokane. We had just seen Jodi Messina at the Puyallup fair the night before and had a great time. Woke up, got some coffee, and flipped on fox news. Seeing the smoke coming from the first tower, and them playing what footage they had, I can remember my mind thinking " small plane? How the heck do you accidentally hit a building?" then in came the second plane and my jaw hit the floor. I looked at my wife and mother and said, " that was no accident!" All sorts of emotions swarmed over me - fear for the people in the buildings, saddness for those who' s lives this impacted right at that moment. How had this happened? I sat watching and heard about 2 or 3 other planes that were missing, then the Pentagon hit, and the crash in PA... I stepped outside to a beautiful sunny day and my saddness turned to anger, my mind instantly jumped to " how can I get back into the armed forces?" And the reality hit that I couldn' t support my family and serve - besides, I was over the age requirements. My discussed the thoughts spinning in my minds with my wife, and held her. She said she didn' t want the kids to go to school that day - afraid that something might happen to them. I put my foot down, telling her this is what they want - Terrorist want you to change your way of life. I knew, in that moment, the US mindset would be changed forever.