Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project! >

9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project!

Old 08-09-2003, 02:21 PM

Default 9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project!

Greetings from Colorado

I am working on a book project called " Where were you on 9/11" this project will share stories and personal experiences of hunters in the field, and those fishing
I am currently working on a book project g and finding out how the world changed in a matter of a few hours back in New York City. Where were you, what were you doing and how did you react when you heard the terrible news when you returned from the field or waters?

There is no compensation for your submission, but lets tell the world we as hunters and fishing people that we were just as shocked as the rest of America. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Please send submissions to:
Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, Colorado 80004

Or e-mail to:
[email protected]
Old 08-09-2003, 08:32 PM

Default RE: 9/11 hunters, where were you? For book project!

Well, I wasn' t hunting or fishing but I was getting ready to deploy to where ever the attack came from...I was in the 82 airborne and we were all hoping that we were going to get the call to grab some payback. Look at it however you want, but we were all pretty dissapointed that we didn' t get the call right away.

YL03
Old 08-09-2003, 10:23 PM

Greetings fom Colorado,

Thanks for responding to my request, I know that you being in Army, its tough to wait and serve, and believe me I am proud of your serving in the military, thank you so much. I would like to use your story, if you can share the outdoor hunting experiences that your involved with, that would be great and add how you respect our government in protecting the USA, tell me how you felt when you heard about the attack, what did you feel and how did you find out? if you can send a picture of you in military gear that would help the story, I would appreciate that, please send info and picture to:

Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave.#10
Arvada, Co 80004

If you could put together about a page or two of your story that would be great..thanks..
Old 08-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Spike

Well, I was squirrel hunting in the Petit Jean River Bottoms in West Central Arkansas. I was attending Arkansas Tech at the time. I was hunting with a buddy of mine and we had a good mornings hunt. Of course we started at daybreak, so we had no clue as to what happened until we got back to the truck. We had some time to kill before class, so we went driving around and scouting for more places to hunt squirrels. While driving around, we were listening to the radio. At first we didn' t pay any attention to what the dj' s were saying, we just kept switching stations looking for music. We quickly realized that there was no music. After listening more intently, we realized that some plane had crashed somewhere in New York. We only caught the end of the report. So my buddy called his mom on his cell phone and she told us what happened. But it really didn' t sink in until we got back to my apartment and saw the news broadcast on TV. We were in shock. I couldn' t believe that something like that had happened in our country.

I think this is a great idea. We need to stick together and do everything possible to preserve our heritage. Both as a country and as hunters.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-22-2003, 02:38 PM

I was at work, me and a buddy were talking about the upcoming season. We had just went to the break room and saw were the first plane had hit. All the talk at first was it was a small plane that had hit. My buddy and myself was saying that the hole looked like it had been a much large plane, then the damn second one hit. We were spechless at first, then the pain hit. We both knew it was an attack. didn' t know who or why. The days that follow are a blur of saddness and anger. I was 44 yo when it happen, and I hadn' t cried in years, but those days I cried a whole helluva alot. One thing that happen was that the song " God Bless America" took on whole new meaning for me. The season was not so good because so many of my younger hunting buddies was deployed and alot of other friends also. To this very day my eyes still water up, and I will never forget the pain and anger I felt that day.

Never Forget 9/11