Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
California Pig Hunting >

California Pig Hunting

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

California Pig Hunting

Old 01-23-2002, 12:11 AM

Default California Pig Hunting

Hello All. I am looking for outfitters and/or any info on hunters in Northern California region. Any feedback appreciated. I have been hunting for 30+ years, deer and elk, wanna try pig hunting. I am a bow hunter in San Francisco area, but willing to travel south or Nevada, Oregon .....Any help on pig hunting appreciated. Please email at [email protected]
Bill Poggi
Old 01-23-2002, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: California Pig Hunting

I've heard people pig hunt near the San Jose area. You shouldn't have to travel that far. Sorry, can't be specific.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:14 AM

Default RE: California Pig Hunting

I too am looking for a place near the bay area to hunt wild boars. Since you are a little futher south than me (I'm in Fairfield) you are at an advantage. I've heard nothing but good things about Hollister as well as areas around San Luis Obispo. Check the California Fish and Game website for information on public land. Unfortunately I lost the Outdoor Life Issue (about 4 years old) that gave about 10 specific names for good wild boar guides in CA. There is an Archery Store in Richmond, I think its named the Bow Rack, and the guy gave me a flyer for an archery only guided pig hunt. The price was at $400, you weren't guaranteed a shot, but were given the impression that you would probably have a chance. If I can find the flyer I'll let you know, you could always call the Bow Rack, the web page is http://www.bowrack.com. Good luck and let us know if you have any success.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Spike

Try red bluff its by redding ca. http://www.shastaoutfitters.com/wildpighunts.html
Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pig Hunting

Try Doug Roth @ Camp 5 Outfitters in Bradley (by Camp Roberts). The number may be listed out of Paso Robles. He's not cheap but he's the best. Tom Willowby hunts a bit south of Camp 5, by San Miguel. Not as fancy or as much land but he's successful and cheaper. If you can't find the numbers e-mail me and I'll forward them. If the money isn't an object pick Camp-5
Attached Thumbnails California Pig Hunting-pig3.jpg