Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
California hunting >

California hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

California hunting

Old 10-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default California hunting

I'm currently active duty Navy and will be changing duty stations to Lemoore, Ca next summer. I'm looking for info on what to expect for California hunting. I've looked at the California Dept of Fish and Wildlife website and really didn't get a whole lot out of it. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:25 PM

Default RE: California hunting

Never hunted in California. This guy lives there and has a great website. Learned a LOT about hunting, shooting and varmint hunting from this site. He has info on the various varmints and Black deer. http://www.cctrap.com/~varmint/ahunt.htm Hope this helps.

Edited by - sooner_hunter on 10/20/2002 22:26:53
Old 10-21-2002, 01:28 PM

Hey dathein welcome to CA. I am also active duty stationed at Camp Pendleton. I am in the USMC. Well I faced the same problem. I bowhunted PA for 15 years, and moved to CA for the USMC. At first I didnt know if there was any hunting in CA or not. But because of my love of bowhunting I wasnt going to give up easy. I arrowed two bucks in California. Both were 2X2 blacktails. Hunting in Ca is a lot different than Iam used to hunting. There is a variety of game here. Bear, blacktails, mule deer, pigs and many more big game and also small game. The problem I found was finding land to hunt that wasnt posted. Hey dathein give me an email at [email protected] and I will give you as much info as needed.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info Sooner_Hunter, the website had several links that provided a wealth of info. Mattews, I will email you soon with many questions. Thanks again for the help.

Dave