Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WAYNE1

Old 03-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WAYNE1

Wayne & Jr Wayne,

How cool for you guys to show up for the training session today -- Bring the pooch next Sunday and we' ll get started on him too. As you saw, we have every age and ability represented, and you' ll get a " training program for the week" , whenever you come out.

If you can, get " The 10 Minute Retreiver" book (by John & Amy Dahl) -- it' s available from their website at www.oakhillkennel.com We are primarily using that book as our training program for our training sessions.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WAYNE1

Thank' s Doc....We really enjoyed watching ya' ll today. You sure have to be proud of the work you' ve done with Cassy, he' s a totaly awesome Lab. Only thing I' m leary about, is bringing my non purebred pup along ya' ll' s papered dog' s....Know some folk' s get offended. I' m not looking for a trial dog, or show.....just a good friend, and hunting partner. Again....thank' s for the invite.....I really learned alot in the short time there.....Your Friend in Hunting......Wayne
Old 03-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wayne,

We 100% DO NOT CARE what breed of hunting dog you have. As long as your dog has the desire to hunt, and you have the desire to have a good hunting companion, thats' what it' s all about. Breed or mixture of breeds doesn' t matter. The only way we would be offended would be if you didn' t join in. As you saw, it doesn' t really matter the age or breed or training status. Every dog can be better at their job, and that' s what our training group is all about. We' re not training for Hunt Tests or Field Trials - we' re just training to end up with good gun dogs. Might have another person or two show up next Sunday as well, so come on out and bring the pooch! ! !

Doc E
Old 03-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank' s Doc.....Trust me....I' ll be there this Sunday with bell' s on. I already started Shooter to stay after the toss.....before I' d just throw an object and he' d take off and be there before it ever hit the ground......I worked 2 -10 minute segment' s and he' s really starting to catch on. Think he' s really wanting to learn.....now if the trainner can just learn now to do it right. I heard what Paul said about it taking lot' s of baby step' s, and that statement caught my attention. Thank' s again.....Wayne