Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 CO ARCHERY ELK >

CO ARCHERY ELK

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

CO ARCHERY ELK

Old 03-11-2003, 11:51 AM

Default CO ARCHERY ELK

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFO I CAN FIND ABOUT THE RIO GRANDE NATIONAL FOREST AROUND DEL NORTE. JUST WONDERING IF IT IS A GOOD AREA, HOW CROWDED IT IS DURING BOW SEASON, BULL TO COW RATIO, ETC.... ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CO ARCHERY ELK

If you contact CO. Fish & Game about the area you' re interested in, they could accuratley answer your questions. elknut1
Old 03-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: CO ARCHERY ELK

The herd data is available from CDOW. If you want to call the local Division office for the area around Del Norte, it is the Monte Vista office (719) 587-6900. The units around there are pretty good, but they can be crowded outside of the Quality Management Units. If you don' t expect really big bulls or to be in the elk every minute, you can have an enjoyable hunt in that area. Just do your homework. CDOW' s website has a lot of useful information on harvest statistics and drawing probability.

Good luck,
OakmanMS