Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Toms are gobblin like crazy over here >

Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

Old 04-17-2003, 01:16 PM

Default RE: Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

I' ll agree! I' ve been over in Stevens county for the past 3 WE' s scouting, I do not know what everyone else is talking about with birds with tight lips! Out at the " spot" they will not shut up. I' m leaving after work to head over........Lord have mercy on them. I know boys a turkey roosted isn' t a turkey roasted. I do know from last WE that they sure do like my Tenn. southern accent on the calls. Hope everyone has a great WE going after birds & if you can' t get out to.......then everyone has to have a dream.

New member, been reading a few posts over the last week or so & liked what I had seen.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

You' ll have to let me know how they like your southern drawl. This Mississippi boy is headed over the last weekend of the season, and they' ve been pretty friendly to me the past few years I' ve been over to Kettle Falls. It must be the way we drag out our yelps. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:38 PM

I will slee. I don' t know if it' s that or how we put maam & sir in there as well! LOL What part of Miss. you from slee? Did some deer hunting last year on the farm just outside of Tunica on Hwy 61. Harvested a nice buck for our 4 yr old QDM project there........I don' t know who was more stoked me or Dad.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

My birds are tight lipped and i have no idea why i need a new spot so wayne doc e anyone in stevens county please help me my spot is getting to populated and i dont get out to do enough scouting because i cant drive because im 15 so any help plz guys im dying
Old 04-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Typical Buck

I was born and raised just outside of Jackson, between Pearl and Brandon. I' ve lived in NC during college, and GA for a short time after graduation, but this is my first experience at life outside the south. I' ve been here for 3 years, and Uncle Sam has us here for 1 more before my wife gets stationed somewhere else. Beautiful state, but they do things a little different out here. I' ve also learned that you can' t base your views of everyone in the state on the people along the I-5 corridor. This state is the first place I' ve EVER seen road hunters during bow season. I don' t know what dumba$$ came up with that tactic, but it works real good for the anti' s out here. What' s your story? What part of the Volunteer state are you from, and how long you been out here?
Old 04-21-2003, 12:57 PM

Long Post so bear with me guys.
Tiggeer, yeah we' ll have to hook up, I don' t mind helping out when a turkey addict is in a bind we' ll have to talk more about it.

Slee, born in Memphis & raised in Jackson,Tn. Uncle Sam sent me out here in 91 & been here every since, can' t go back there' s no way I can make near the amount of $$ that I do out here. I go home & hunt all over the South a few times a year with family & friends..........just to keep my feet on solid ground! Brother don' t get me on the soap box of the tree huggin, granola eating, peta supporting low life anti' s or the sorry &$$ people who don' t have the energy to hump up & down hills or to break a sweat. The same ones who throw their beer cans & trash all over................STOP ME NOW(we don' t go there........LOL).
This post is turning into a novel if you want to read about the 3 day hunt go to the thread......Anybody from WA, i think. Seen 7 deer, 3 bears & 13 turkeys while averaging about 11 miles on foot a day! Man I' m sore........I will rest up & be back at it fri.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, my wife gets tired of hearing me rant and rave about the PETA freaks and tree huggers out here. It' s just proof positive that stupid people shouldn' t breed. It' s really sad at the number of them in the WDFW, and then the gov' s wife makes it that much worse. Oh well, Uncle Sam will ship my wife out next June.

I hear ya on the soreness. I' m in pretty good shape, but those hills wear on you after a while. I put in 8 miles Friday afternoon, and 7+ on Saturday. I saw 16 deer, and bumped 4 turkeys. I' m never gonna kill one if they don' t start talking. It' s hard enough to see in this jungle as it is, but when the birds are watching you and you can' t see them, well you get the idea. If you are still making the eastern WA run by the last weekend of the season, you' ll have to stop by camp and say hello. I' m heading over on Thursday the 8th, and breaking camp Sunday the 11th. We hunt just across the bridge from Kettle Falls up by the Sherman WMA. Hopefully they' ll be a little more cooperative as the season progresses. From the reports I' m hearing, most of the birds killed were probably sitting on the shoulder of the road. I haven' t heard too many success stories. That just means there' ll be more running around for me to chase.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:12 PM

Slee, more than likely I' ll still be over there. I' ll have to check the map on your area. I' m 8 miles South of Chewelah outside of Valley. I feel for you on the thick stuff, I' ve never went out after turkeys on this side.........what a nightmare! If you read the other post about my WE the 4 birds I talked about was a 2 hr 45min stand off, I thought my pegs were going to be about 2 inches long by the time I got done! That' s why I said I hope they get throat cancer & die. Man as far as bumpin a bird, I think we all still do every now & again. If it were easy they would just call it turkey killing instead of hunting.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to let you know I got my bird opening morning. Going to try to head to Kettle Falls the last weekend so if you guys want to point me in the right direction I' d do the same for anyone hunting around here.

http://www.powerandfury.net/j03turkey.html

Power
Old 04-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slee.....Trust me....not all of em have been shot hanging along side of the road. Know of several that were taken......way back in yonder.[think that' s a southern phrase you' ll understand]. The biggest % of the hunter' s so far have gone home with zilch bird. But there were so many hunter' s over here.....that mean' s there were still alot of sucess. It was tough hunting for most.. The tom' s that I had hanging around here, vanished by the 2nd day of hunting.....all the hen' s are still hanging around.....but no tom' s....which tell' s me......some hunter' s tresspassed my place while I was at work. Can' t count the mile' s I' ve put on this last week....blowing shock call after shock call......so far....had 1 reply.....about 1/2 mile away.....Thank " GOD" ....there' s still 3 week' s left

Quick Reply: Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.