Toms are gobblin like crazy over here >

Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

Old 04-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Toms are gobblin like crazy over here

Wayne,
Looks like I' m timing it pretty good again this season. It also looks like you won' t have any excuse for us not to get together for a hunt while I' m over there. And I do understand how far " way back in yonder" is. That seems like where all of the animals are when it comes time to hunt, and the damn gate' s always locked.

Power,
Maybe I' ll run into you while I' m over there that weekend. To me, and I' ve never hunted it early season so I' m going on others' reports, the late season is way better than the opener. You don' t have to deal with the iffy weather, henned-up birds, or all of the other hunters. The birds are a helluvalot smarter though, so you' d better bring your A Game if you want a true longbeard. As far as spots go, I think anywhere along the Columbia River and across to Republic would be a good starting point. If you are headed to K Falls, you might want to head north to Dead Man' s Creek area, and over toward the Little Pend Oreille NWR area east of Colville. The birds will be well scattered by early May, so they could be anywhere. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks slee! I' ll keep that in mind when I get up there. Maybe we all should meet at a local bar Saturday night and toss back a few. Maybe share some of the adventures we' ve had that day.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Typical Buck

That may be a plan. We' ll have to talk about it more when it gets closer to time, and I have my exact location picked out. Just remember that it' s hunting light out for about 15 hours during the last week of season. Beer:30 could come late if I have to put a bird to bed for Sunday morning. I can' t stay out too late and be worth a flip at daylight either. Damn, I sound like I' m 60 instead of 30 don' t I.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it! I just had my 35th on Sunday.

I hear you about not staying out late. I was just thinking an hour or so, just have a beer or too then off to bed so we can hunt all day Sunday.