Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

permit results are posted on the fish and game web site as of last night
i got a dm922[8D]- south of coldfoot moose tag - haul road. drew a party tag plus two other friends drew the same tag.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:43 AM

I'm sure ABM or SEAK will tell you if they haven't already, but I drew a Berner's Bay Moose permit!! (SEAK and my father have been putting in for that one for 20 years, and never gotten it....so they think my getting on my second try is pretty unfair!)
Old 07-15-2005, 12:28 AM

juno grl - Congratulations on being drawn for Berners Bay! I bombed on everything again, no draws either here or down in OR - guess the deer are going to have to take a beating instead! LOL

Nim - Congrats on your south of Coldfoot draw, too. Thats pretty cool seeing as it is up in an area you know and have access to.

Your trip to PWS with the girls sounded like a lot of fun! We have been getting a fair number of halibut on the incoming tides down here. They are still fairly deep. No monsters yet, but mighty tastey anyway!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

back at work, chopping at the bit. heading up for caribou hunt 2 days after i get home but that is9 days away.did well on fish last time home...we got a 92,71 and 58 # 'but plus many small ones ; 140+ shrimp some as long as soda can and then on the kenai 58, 43,38,35 and 28 pound kings that we kept and more released
Old 08-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

TRACKING DOGS-
[blockquote]
ANYBODY TRAINING OR USING DOGS FOR TRACKING / BLOOD TRAILING OF WOUNDED ANIMALS? IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET A LIST OF NAMES AND CONTACT NUMBERS THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF PEOPLE THAT ARE AVAILBLE AND WILLING TO ASSIST OTHERS LOCATE THEIR WOUNDED GAME. I'M GOING TO START TRAINING ONE OF MY DOGS AND WILL NEED BLOOD TRAILS TO TRAIN HER AND ME ON. EVEN IF YOU FIND YOUR ANIMAL, ESP. ON THE KENAI PENINSULA. IF I'M AVAILABLE I WOULD LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THE TRAIL AS A TRAINING SESSION. HOPEFULLY AS I GET SOME EXPERIENCE I CAN ASSIST FELLOW HUNTERS LOCATE THE DIFFICULT ONES. PAT MCCABE HP 907-260-4906
[/blockquote]
Old 08-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Found out this week I have been appointed as an official measurer for THE POPE AND YOUNG CLUB. i live on the Kenai Peninsula. if anyone has bow killed animals they need toget measured please contact me. 907-260-4906
Iget to Anchorage regularly as well.
THANX PAT MCCABE
Old 10-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

back at work [:'(]
had 6 weeks off , put 7000miles on the truck in 3 trips up the haul road.[8D]
trip # 1 friend and his son rifled a couple 'bou
trip #2 different friend arrowed a nice bou, canada goose , 2 pintails and 2 ptarmigan; i got pintail, greater scaup and 4 ptarmigan. few bou around. we had also gotten a stalk on a griz on the way up. hunted moose on way south too warm and no moose seen.
trip #3 two bull moose seen but no meat for the freezer
i was hitting ducks and ptarmigan @ 30 yards but missed caribou at that distance?????
one wolf seen north of the pass got some good video footage of him and wolf problems tearing coolers up south of coldfoot.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

WELL WHERE HAVE ALL THE ALASKA FOLKS GONE?????
+40 TODAY HERE IN SOLDOTNA[:'(][:'(]LITTLE OR NO SNOW ALOT OF ICE
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!![8D]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

41 in Fairbanks right now. Absolutely beautiful day. Heading up the Taylor tonight to see if any of those 40-mile 'bou are suicidal.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

AK JEFF- HOW DID YOUR TAYLOR HWY HUNT GO?
MERRY
CHRISTMAS !
PAT

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.