Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

BEARHUNTR- I'VE HUNTED THAT AREA FOR SHEEP IN THE TONSINA WALK IN AREA. ONE TIME ON THE WAY OUT WE SAW A SINGLE GOAT BUT I THINK THEY ARE FURTHER SOUTH THAN WE WERE. FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD.
GET 4 POINT CRAMPON ( INSTEP CRAMPONS)
LONG HANDLED MTN. AXE
THESE ARE MANDATORY SAFETY ITEMS IN MY BOOK.
I HAVE HUNTED THESE CRITTERS PROBABLY 15 TIMES IF NOT MORE. I HAVE 10 DAYS PLANNED FOR AUGUST TO CHASE THEM IN A REGISTRATION AREA, SINCE I DID NOT GETA DRAWING TAG. GOT TO GET ONE WITH MY BOW BEFORE I GET TOO MUCH OLDER. 56 THIS YEAR [:'(][:@]
I ALWAYS CARRY 175 FEET OF ROPE AND I WOULD NEVER DO IT WITHOUT MY KOFLACH PLASTIC BOOTS. IF YOU ARE A SIZE 11 A FRIEND HAS A PAIR HE HAS NEVER WORN OUT OF THE HOUSE...HIS FOOT IS TOO WIDE (EEE)

GOOD LUCK - PAT
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM

Hello

Just a quick question . Where can one find MRE's in Alaska ?? I live in Homer and having them shipped from the lower 48 is just nuts !!!! I guess you cant have them shipped by air due to the heaters in the MRE's .I do go to Los Anchorage a couple times a month but have not found anything there either . Thanks for any info .

RR
Old 02-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

GI JOE'S (BEHIND SBS OFF MINN. BLVD) DID CARRY THEM BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE IN A WHILE. ???? CAN YOU HAVE THEM SHIPPED FED EX GROUND....THEY DO PROVIDE THAT SERVICE TO US NOW....JUST A THOUGHT.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:01 PM

Nimrod

Sounds like a start . No I did not know that fed x does the groud service . Those baby's are hard to locate here in Alaska !!!!! Thanks again .

RR
Old 03-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

WOW JUST GOT BACK FROM SUNNY CALIFORNIA, GREAT WEATHER THERE. BY THE AMOUNT OF SNOW THAT MELTED WE HAVE BEEN HAVING GREAT WEATHER HERE ALSO. I'M GETTING SPRING BEAR FEVER AND REALLY READY FOR WATER TO OPEN SO I CAN START CHASING PIKE AGAIN.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:02 PM

WABA Outdoors. Has anyone heard of these guys? I am looking at booking a spring 2006 Boat based brown bear hunt with them. Apparently we will be hunting unit 9. Any help would be appreciated. My contact is Dean Jackson, and it seems as if he is from Kenai. Thanks in adavance
Old 03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

JAMIE, HAVE NOT HEARD OF THEM. I HAVE A COUPLE FRIENDS THAT GUIDE IN THAT UNIT. GOOD LUCK GET A BIG ONE. MIGHT TRY BEAR THREADS....UNLIKELY ALASAKANS WOULD BE USING GUIDE. MIGHT GET REPLY FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS HUNTED WITH THEM.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:33 PM

Hey Nim - You have any open water for sticking pike up there yet? Everytime I run across one of those fancypants videos on an outdoor channel of guys fishing for pike I think of you and the fun you have driving a piece of wood through them! LOL I think your style is a lot more challenging.

Got your spring bear hunting planned out? Going down to PWS again, or are you coming down to hunt with Stitch? I see his Svenson skiff moving around a little on the trailer, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him. I wanted to shoot the breeze a little - maybe I'll catch him one of these times.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

PHISH ON- PONDS AND LAKES ARE STILL FROZEN BUT I THINK ONE OF THE CRREKS MIGHT BE OPEN. GOING O HAVE TO GO LOOK IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO.
GETTING THE BOAT READY THIS TIME OFF THEN THEN NEXT TIME GOING TO MO. AND COLRADO TO TURKEY HUNT AND WILL BE BOWFISHING IN MO. AFTER RETURNING I WILL BE GOING OUT TO SET BAITS THEN FOLLOWING TIME HOME HAVE TWO TRIPS OUT TO TRY FOR A BIG BEAR IN PWS.
ONE STITCH IS GETTING A NEW BOAT BUILT. HE IS ON CLOUD NINE OVER THAT. I'M GOING DOWN TO HUNT WITH HIM FOR DEER IN NOV. BUT WILL BE GET 3-4 FOLKS OUT HERE FOR SPRING BEAR. I JUST WANT A BIGGER BEAR BUT OTHER GUYS WOULD BE HAPPY WITH AVERAGE BEARS. THEY HAVE NOT ARROWED BEARS YET. ALWAYS GREAT FUN TAKING GUYS OUT FOR THERE FIRST BOW HUNT FOR BEARS.
I WANT TO GET BACK DOWN THERE IN THE SPRING FOR HOOTERS BUT ALWAYS GET TOO BUSY. LATER PAT
Old 04-01-2005, 12:15 AM

Nim- I will be headed south to Oregon for turkey myself the last week in April and the first week in May. I plan to try for Merriams in the north-central part of the state then put in a little more time for Merriams further east in either the Blues or the Wallowas. Near the end of my trip I'll go back down to the Medford area to see if a can collect a Rio like I was lucky enough to do last Spring. Hunting those "nuisance birds" can be a lot of fun! I'll be putting a lot of miles on the son-in-law's pick up!

I hadn't heard about Stitch's new boat - maybe I ought to buy his Tollycraft from him. LOL Sounds like you have yourself a full-up schedule for the next few rotations. Good luck on your travels! I'm looking forward to a little more warmth in the sun so I can finish tinkering on the boat and get it back out on the water! A fresh King salmon steak would really be yummy off the BBQ about now.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.