Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

good luck on your turkey hunt
i'm sure the tolly could be bought, all it takes is money. he is keeping the other skiff for rivers as i understand. i had forgotten about the tolly.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

HAD GREAT TRIP TO MO. AND CO. DID NOT SCORE ON TURKEY SHOT A FEW FISH IN MO. BUT WEATHER WAS COLDER THERE THAN IN SOLDOTNA[:'(] SET BAITS IN PWS WEATHER WAS FANTASTIC. WARM, BLUE SKY AND FLAT WATER JUST DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

how's the snow conditions and temperatures on the slope right now, leaving for grizzlies in a few days. No hits on the black bear bait though a buddy did shoot a nice boar the other day in Valdez.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

NOT MUCH HAS MELTED, HAD NEW SNOW YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE. FLYING UP A WEEK AGO LITTLE TO NO SNOW SOUTH OF THE PASS. SOLID WHITE NORTH OF THE PASS. BEFORE IT WAS COLDER THEY WERE THINKING THE ICE WOULD GO OUT IN THE KUPARUK RIVER, ON THIS END, THIS WEEK PROBABLY NEXT WEEK NOW. GOOD LUCK FOR BEARS.

28 DEGREES AND CLOUDY
Old 05-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks Nim,

leaving saturday bright and early, spending 9 days up there, should be fun none the less. Have yall seen or heard of any grizzlies yet?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

LATEST WORD IS ICE OUT ON KUPARUK RIVER TO THE BRIDGE IN THE OIL FIELDS BY 22ND. BEARS HAVE BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH MOST LIKELY BUT MOST LIKELY SOUTH PART OF 26B MOST ACTIVE.
HAS BEEN VERY FOGGY LATELY[:@] IF SO IT WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR SPOTTING
Old 05-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

packed and primed we'll be zeroing in on the moutian areas north of the pass. Should be fun regardless...thanks for the info. If ya see us stop by the purple toyota tacomah.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 boar, and 1 sow with cubs, no close calls. Needed hippers, not snowshoes. Fun trip as usual!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

TWO HUNTS IN PWS WE HAD TERRIBLE WEATHER FIRST TRIP AND GREAT WEATHER THE SECOND. 5 OF US GOT 3 BEARS ONE HAD PRETTY GOOD SIZE HEAD I THINK IT WILL MAKE P & Y, IT'S BODY WAS NOT REAL BIG SQUARED ABOUT 5-8. HAIR QUALITY WAS EXCELLENT SAW ONE LITTLE RUB ( QUARTER SIZE ) ON BEAR WE SAW TWICE IN SAME DAY , RUB APPEARED THE SECOND TIME HE WAS SCRATCHING THAT ONE SPOT. SPRING WAS 2-3 WEEKS ADVANCED OVER NORMAL YEARS AND NO SNOW DOWN LOW. BUT HIDE WERE BETTER THAN USUAL. ALL THREE GUYS THAT GOT BEARS IT WAS THERE FIRST ARROWED BEAR.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

well my youngest arrived friday and that day we headed out to prince william sound (pws) . me and five girls....my wife, my two daughters and my son's two daughters. wetraveled about 40 miles the first evening to anchor up and then another 40-50 the next day what a great trip we had. spent a total of three nights out. saw 5-6 humpback whales , probably 40 dall porposie, 4 black bears, too many bald eagles to count, 4 black oyster catchers, tufted puffins. ? 50 sea lions, dozen or so seals; 4-5 salmon sharks; lots of sea birds.
kept 24 halibut realeased more than that. none very big, i caught the biggest and i doubt it was 25 lbs.. caught and released two ling cod biggest was about 30 inches; skate, 3 foot wing span
set out shrimp pots in a cove that was suppose to be a hot spot......last night......not a shrimp after about 15 hrs. of soaking the pots.
mostly blue sky and flat water.
this was the granddaughters first sea adventure they had a great time.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.