Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

I agree the C-130 is great and even funner to fly. I actually was born and raised in Alamosa. My parents live between Alamosa and Monte Vista. My wife is from Monte Vista. I was probably just out of my diapers but still having a few accidents I am sure. I am going to be at Elmedorf and should get there the end of April or first part of May. I figured that the hunting would be different. My father went hunting up there a while back. I also will have to get one of those cards. So is it possible to do a lot of do it yourself hunts and all that or should I do other things? It will be an adventure for sure. I will probably leave kicking and screaming when my next assignment rolls arounds.

Drew
Old 01-07-2005, 05:43 PM

Okay, haven't been on here for a while, and I see that VBM (that's what we have to call him, since he can only post from Vegas, right?) has given y'all some fractured fairy tales about SEAK. So, with regard to Jerry bogarting the big wolverine...I only have Tom's version of that, which has also been known to be fractured at times, but it sure is funny to hear! As for poking his eye with the blueberry bush, it is true....however, it wasn't so bad that he didn't try to shoot at (note: "shoot at," not "shoot") two deer left handed/left eyed. He did not have to be medivaced though...he took a regularly scheduled flight out the next morning, and went to the emergency room. (Phish--they couldn't stitch it, but if they had, it would've probably only taken one) I personally think that it may have been an elaborate ruse to get out of skinning/butchering the deer he'd gotten the day before and closing up the cabin....

Nim/Phish...wanna see VBN jump and go into defensive mode with a butter knife? Hey Jerry: "B-b-b-bear!!!!"
Old 01-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

dwalts- that is too funny you are from the Alamosa area....i have a good friend that lives there ....southwest of town. last name Jeppesen. my wife's maiden name is Kroschel. some nephews in Del Norte just alittle younger than you Edwin and Travis. you can do it all on your own hunts i have flown in on very few. with the variety of boats i have i get to lots of areas with them. planes get you to some great areas but i rather spend the money on toys i can reuse than paying others. you will not have enough leave time to do all the stuff you will want to. what i did was took 5 days of lv at a time to get 6 nine or ten day trips. we will have to get together when you arrive.
junogrl- you still are around , have not heard from you here in ages. welcome back . with one stitch not having access at work we can talk bad about him. VBM- that's another story it is pretty low to shoot some elses wolverine[:@][:'(].......wish i could have done it to one stitch and vbm[8D]they both are lucky to have wolverines.
-pat
Old 01-11-2005, 03:41 PM

Okay, VBM and SEAK and both wimpering like puppies that I done them wrong. Apparently SEAK considered himself medivaced because he had to fly out instead of taking the ferry, and this is what he told VBM. So, there you go. Whiners. It's not my fault that they can't defend themselves!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

medevac to me is calling in a special plane but technically if you lv early even on the ferry because of a medical condition it could be a medevac. we send folks off the slope lots of times on regularly scheduled flights as medevacs. i'm not sure either of them could defend themselves against you even if they had access to the web
Old 01-11-2005, 05:19 PM

What can I say? SEAK knew I was a lawyer when he married me!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

WINTER DRAWING RESULTS ARE OUT!!

[:'(][:@] I DID NOT GET ANYTHING
Old 01-23-2005, 01:22 AM

I got an RG718 goat tag.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

BEARHUNTER - CONGRATS!
WHERE IS 718?
HAVE YOU HUNTED GOATS BEFORE?
-PAT
Old 01-24-2005, 10:08 PM

AK NIMROD,

My tag is for the area along the west side of unit 13D. And no, I never hunted goats before. From the reports of others who have drawn that tag, they say there is plenty of sheep to be found where the goats are, so I'm going to get a sheep harvest tag as well.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.