Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND??? >

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Old 02-24-2003, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Sorry to hear your trip was a waste of time, found out thismorning tha my nephew that lives in Germany was burned really bad when his house burned tothe ground, don' t really know much more that he was airlifted to the hospital and is in theburn unit.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:19 PM

Hey Guys... whats up? im pretty new to washington and I live in Oak Harbor now and am curious how the hunting is out here. Looks pretty rugged out there. gonna be fun I think.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slee....sorry to hear about your scouting trip....I know all about the Weyerhaeuser land...that why I left mine home during Elk season. I take mine on leagal road' s.....but I must warn people....there' s alot of them over here on this side of the state. If someone' s hiking in on a legal road here.....expect to see ATV' s....and remember...they have a right to be there. Now as far as one being off road where their not suppose to be......" Not Good" . I' ll hope to be able to visit ya at camp up there this year...You gonna be where you were last year..?? Robb....sorry to hear about your nephew...sure hope all' s gonna be well there
Old 02-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

Robb, my prayers go out to ya buddy. I can' t imagine how that must be for your family. Keep us posted.

Wayne, I hope to be in the same spot. I' ll be very angry with you if you don' t at least drop by for a sandwich during lunch one day. I' ve asked Fred to get together for a hunt too, but don' t know what his schedule will be like with his hounds and stuff. I really like that camp, and it sure makes life easier if you know the area around you. I' ve been over every inch of that damn ridge chasin' birds now, and even behind camp up that steep ridge by the gravel pit. Last year a family drove in and set up camp in the pit. Sounded like a Washington Militia meeting up there. I was really worried about stray bullets. Turns out that it was a family of several generations that were riding ATVs around the area for the weekend, and one of the guys was a WDFW warden from another area. Nice guys, but scared us with all the lead flying up the road. I hear you on the ATVs, and have no problem where they' re legal. But when I try to avoid those places and they follow me anyway, that bothers me. I mentioned to WANWTF about maybe a get together if any other forum guys were gonna be in the area. If not, we can eat a steak and drink a cold one for ' em.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

You guys should join the " Friendly Turkey Contest" on the Turkey Hunting Forum. We only got 2 people for Washington, Me and invector10ga. Go join up!

I think my dad and I are going over to Eastern Wa sometime this season and will probably hunt near the small town of Hunters. It' s along the eastern edge of Lake Roosevelt. Where all in Eastern Wa do you guys hunt?
Old 02-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Unless something rips, runs, or tears, I' ll be across the river from Kettle Falls. I just hope the magazines don' t name names again like they did last year. I heard from the locals that the number of hunters last season was way up compared to normal. While setting up camp, I found 3 different piles of feathers around my campsite from kills. Nothing like showing up knowing somebody has thinned the population and educated the birds for you. The price you pay for hunting late season I guess. That' s probably why we ended up chasin the birds most of the time. Now that I know the terrain a lot better, I will gladly play chase this year. It definitely helps when you know where they are going. I' ve been on the Scout As You Go plan for the past 2 seasons, and it has been a major limitation for me. But I can' t travel east for a scouting trip before season, so such is life. Hopefully I can put it to use this year. Man I can' t wait til season opens. Now I' ve just got to find a west side spot that' s got some birds, and isn' t wall to wall hunters. Suggestions are more than welcome.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:34 AM

I' ll be in between you two for the opener - just outside Rice. Gettin' itchy just thinkin' of being at camp and hearin' those birds... April can' t come soon enough (though my wife doesn' t agree w/me). Next year, I think I' m gonna take a hunters safety course with my oldest son, and have him actually hunting... My youngest son will come out next year for the adventure - what better way to spend quality family time. - Now if I could only get my wife excited over hunting[8D]
Old 02-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Evening all, sorry haven' t been on here much, the work nazis are cracking down, but been busy at work so haven' t had much time at home to get nhere. Hope every one is having fun scouting!!! God luck to all turkey hunters this spring!!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robb....How' s your nephew doing..??
Old 03-01-2003, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah Robb, how' s he doing? I hope the " No news is good news" rule is in effect.

Guys I saw the damnedest thing today. BrushChimp I don' t know what kind of hormone-hyped birds the NWTF released in your area, but I don' t know that I want to hunt them. I had just turned onto Green Creek Rd just outside Menlo this morning when I saw a 1 1/2 year old tom and a hen sitting in the front yard of the 1st house right by the road. As I drove past eyeballing this guy' s 5" beard, he turns and runs alongside my van just like a yard dog. As I got to the end of the yard, he stopped chasing. I kept thinking he was gonna gobble at me and start pecking at my tires. I don' t know if he was protecting the hen, or the steroid laced corn these people were obviously feeding him. Turkey roid rage, that' s a new one. Now if the rest of the birds down there act like this guy, I' m taking the plug out of my gun and stuffing the magazine full before I hit the woods. I may need more than 3 shots to defend myself.[]

Quick Reply: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.