Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND??? >

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Old 02-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

HAHa age does matter too because im one of the hunters that if the Turkeys start moving away im sprinting to get in front of them past two years this technique worked Wash The fall season would be great as long as the numbers stay on the rise i would for sure hunt if i dont shoot two early season. Went through colville yesterday on the way to curlew for the boys varsity basketball game and right at tiger there was about 20-25 turkeys and alot were jakes i didnt see any toms tho but there sure was alot of jakes and hens and some runts???? it was weird there were 3 turkeys with a hen that were alot smaller than she was kinda caught my attention but the #' s look up this year been seein alot more turkeys.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Typical Buck

Tiggeer, that' s known as Run&Gun turkey hunting. I do it too if the situation dictates. But when you age, you can' t run as fast, and you may not want to hold that gun up when you get there.

Wash, here' s my take on the issues. If you don' t put the special Youth hunt at the front end of the season, you' re pissing in the wind. The whole purpose of the hunt is to put young hunters in the woods with the best possible chance at taking a bird to create a positive experience. If you put a bunch of kids in the woods with call shy birds, what' s the point. I don' t know another state that puts it at the end of the season. WDFW needs to pull their heads out of their butts and look around. This is a no-brainer.

I don' t know about opening up the fall season. They need to decide what their goals are, and not be so concerned with public opinion. That' s game management, and that' s not the public' s business. The average person isn' t a Wildlife Biologist on the WDFW' s payroll. The season dates, structures, and things like that should be based on public input, but not management goals. That' s why they keep harvest data, population estimations, etc. That' s also why these damn initiatives shouldn' t be allowed to manage wildlife. What falls in line with their management goals? If the bird numbers need to increase, then you keep it on a permit basis to control numbers taken in specific areas. If you want to maintain or decrease numbers, open the thing up. I' m not sure if the population as a whole could benefit from that. I also don' t know what the success rate is with a fall tag. I think these surveys are a questionable tool at best. It' s not a black and white issue, and we need to know the grey stuff to make good decisions if they are going to have an impact on final decisions. Just my opinion, but it ain' t worth
2 cents.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

One last reminder to all of you who might live in the King County (Bellevue/Seattle) area of Washington State.....The Lake Washington Chapter (based in Bellevue) is hosting its 3rd Annual Banquet & Auction on February 23rd, 2003. The event will take place at the Embassy Suites in the Maybenbauer Center beginning at 3pm. Dinner is buffet-style and includes dessert. We are raffling and auctioning nine firearms this year including a Mossberg 835 12 gauge in camo, a Beretta ES100 semi-auto 12 gauge, a Benelli Nova 12 gauge, the NWTF Gun of the Year, the Jakes Gun of the Year, and more! There will also be the usual assortment of artwork too. This is going to be a terrific event! For more information including how to get tickets, please visit our chapter website at: http://lakewashnwtf.tripod.com
Old 02-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Wayne...Wendy and I are going to be in the area on the 20th or 21st. Can we stop in and say hi? - Craig
Old 02-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

KitsapCaller...SDure...be great to see ya....Did ya ever get the side of your truck fixed..??
Old 02-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see where they lost the Alaska thread.....Bummer...feel sorry for em...they put alot of work in it....just as we have here. Maybe we ought to start a new one....just for compation sake...!!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Although I don' t fit into the thread topic, I can see Washington from my house - is that close enough? I' m in southern British Columbia just up from Colville. Hi Wayne! Hi Wash!
Old 02-18-2003, 06:22 PM

Hey C2... I think your ICQ infected mine it don' t work so well...how have you been???
Old 02-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey C2...Good to see ya here Bud....Ya know your alway' s welcome here....Your Family....
Old 02-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

Your welcome here dude B.C. is west right so drop a line more often wayne man gettin some snow up in the mountains there was 4-5 inches of slush that i had to drive through to get to colville the other day it was on tiger so it was my first time drivin in it to kinda freaky.

Quick Reply: ANYBODY FROM WASHINGTON STILL AROUND???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.