Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Moving to Seattle area from East coast >

Moving to Seattle area from East coast

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Moving to Seattle area from East coast

Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Moving to Seattle area from East coast

Wondering what big game I should focus on my initial few seasons in WA. From a Massachusetts view it looks like I am moving to the Promised land, but looks can be deceiving. Any info available I'll take. I've always bowhunted whitetails and thats it, but I'm up for everything!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moving to Seattle area from East coast

Up for anything huh

Well seattle has a big population of tree huggers, just no season yet. Which is to bad . When are you moving I can't remeber how long it takes to become a resident 90days I'm guessing.

Wa st has quite a bit of wild game here. What ever you decide to try we probly have it. Moose, elk, deer, bear, cougar, bob cat, waterfowl, upland birds. and wiley coyote.

Wh
Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Well, I won't be moving until mid Dec so I will be getting ready for next yr. I did notice the large amount of crunchy granola green peacers last time I was out. How is the pheasant and duck hunting? The bird season opens in MA in the morning and Archery on Mon so I'll be pretty busy with city stylehunting. Definatly ready for clean air and mountains instead of smog and pavement! What is the deal with "early and late seasons?" Are they specific for what you are hunting with - archery, rifle, muzzleloader- or the game you are hunting?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:23 PM

yes, the season's are specific as far as modern firearm, muzzle loader or archery. we have many special draws, black tailed deer, and elkon the west side of the cascade mountians, on the east side we have mule deer, whitetail, elk, moose(special draw only) and many other species. waterfowl on both sides is good, pheasant is all release on the west side and the east side you get a lot of hold overs. I live in skagit county and the waterfowl is very good up here. good luck!!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Welcome. We do have a high population... both of tree huggers, people in general, and hunters. More than any of the surrounding states. What you'll gain in coming here byso many species to hunt, you lose in some lower numbers, more hunters, and anti-hunters. For instance, we have the highest black bear population per square mile in the whole nation, but you may hunt them with neither hounds nor baited traps.

Its probably an improvement over Taxachussetts but WA is definitely not AK or CO.