Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Sources to buy land in Co

Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Sources to buy land in Co

ORIGINAL: SILVERTIP-CO

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

There aint no such thing. In order to own the water, you have to buy the deeds to the mineral rights or else the people laying natural gas pipe lines can setup right on your front lawn.
...lets see the water rights go back to the 1870's. we have Colorado Water Court where folks who know about "there aint no such thing" fight for their rights to use or buy or hold water rights. So I guess there is such a thing.Other wise a lot of guys are using up pickup bed space hauling expensive plastic tanks for no reason. And you said you liveWHERE that you know all about "there aint no such thing" ???
Actually all the sites I have been too on buying land, covers alot of the water issues. Some have it, some don't. I want cheap hunting land, but would like the opportunity to build one day, like way off in the future 20 years. Figured I could get cheaper land if it didn't have water rights.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Water is a big deal of what you get. The Water Courts are serious business too. Just make sure you know what you are getting into before the purchase. Remember, if you try a well and they do not hit water, that is at your expense. New well = more money. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 AM

my neighbor hauls water. He can drill a well. But he wont do it due to the cost. Not alot of people want to spend the money. Waters, what"?? 10cents a gallon?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

!000-3000 an acre pending on what you want.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Gets cheaper the farther south you go. Stay away from the northern parts like glennwood springs and such. 3 acers in meeker " flat barren land" was $110,000. I saw that and started laughing.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

in Coolerado you can drill a well on 40 acres without askingthe water Gods, I believe

lots of land in wyoming is 160 acres for 50k on ebay over near rawlins not sure how their cowboy water court works tho

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im Not sure how the cowboy water thing works either.( havent has a well drilled - yet& lawyer dble speak confuses me))

But a lot of ppl haul water around here also & some wells can be very expensive- as they have to go very deep. Anyone with a recorded well before you has senior water rights to you i believe( so if there well starts going dry or having problems & they think you & your well are at fault- there are problems)

We have some land( a few 40 acre lots) well north of rawlins( the rattlesnake mtns& pedro mtn areas)that we we where going to get a well drilled on- but never did. We bought those about -13& 16-r 17 yrs ago or soi think ( 2 seperate time/s places anyways ) Very dry areas also..

And we almost boughta 160 acreblock in the rawlins area also about 8-10 yrs ago i think it was - a lot cheaper then 50 k then to.
A lot of new gas wells being drilled in the area i understand.

Many areas ( some more some less)in Wy are dry including where i live( outside of casper)If im not mistaken the rainfall of the area is about equal to the sanora desert(11- 14 inchs)- on a good yr ( not counting snow in that moisture counti dont think) & thats in a good yr & we have been in draught conditions about 7 or so yrs now. Snow pack also is down - it is Dry & then some.

One thing to remember about the rawlins area- it is the great divide basin area- & the red desert is right there.
It is a true desert( about 5 inchs of raina yr i think )& very dry.

Water is not to be taken for granted or lightlyin Wy thats for sure.
There have been water wars in the past here & i can see why..

If all of Wy in the future turned into one big dust /sand pile i wouldnt be to suprized.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will add that many ppl in this country just turn on a tap - got to there sink or whatever & dont give it tomuch thought how much water they use(it is cheap& plentyfully)

Where you start hauling every oz& gallon of it &for its many uses, not just drinking-things are a bit diffent.

As long as fuel prices stay up & water not easy to come by- the more it will cost to haul all that water home to.

You drill a well in Wy it may not last long with others senior water rights geololigic etc reasons as factors.

Thats if you find water & "if" you find "good water" to begin with- as it all isnt or does it aways stay that way for a varity of reasons.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:24 PM

You probally wont find any cheap hunting land here it is going for any where from $175,000.00 to $250,000.00 for a half acre lot just try to get close to it would be your best bet.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 PM

If you are willing to hunt harder and pack in further than the next guy, there is great hunting to be found on public land inany of the rocky mountainstates.

It's free, too.

Quick Reply: Sources to buy land in Co

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.