Washington Coyotes >

Washington Coyotes

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington Coyotes

Old 12-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Washington Coyotes

Any ideas on where to go for coyotes on the west side or just over the mountains on the east side? I live in Federal Way and am looking for somewhere within a few hours. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Default RE: Washington Coyotes

On the west side I have seen Coyotes at the stillwater area of the Snoqualmie Wildlife area. I have spoken with bird hunters who have seen them attack dogs durring the pheasant release season. The area is no-tox shot only. If you have a 12 ga shotgun you could get some of that heavy shot dead coyote loads and be totally legal in terms of shooting. I don't know if they allow non-bird hunting but you could call and ask the unit manager. you'd sure be doing the bird hunters a favor.

On the eastside I would try the scrublands of the Quilomene WFA or anywhere around the potholes. It's open country so as long as your backdrop is clear you can try for some longer shots. This time of year you'll get the dogs with the nice winter coats.

Also sine you are going after yotes knock on some doors at ranches and you're likely to get permission to hunt their land.