Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Colorado Muley hunt >

Colorado Muley hunt

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Muley hunt

Old 12-23-2006, 02:16 PM

Default RE: Colorado Muley hunt

heres a couple shots of the map and area. the squares 21 and 22 are the areas. You'll be driving down the road to these areas and on the right hand side, its all private big ranches,while driving you'll cross a cattle guard and a gate, after a little drive there will be a good sized field/parking lot on your left side. Thats one area to watch. Going up the road a little ways you'll run into a pull off area on the left side of the road surrounded by cotton wood trees, pull into that area and park. Be quiet because this is where they cross to go across the fence into private land. You'll see why when you notice on the right side of the road a big alfalfa field. Every evening around 2ish they start to move. What you want to do is park in that little pull off area and walk straight up the little ditch/ravine untill you come onto a nice sized cedar tree. The tree will be on the right side of the ditch at the edge. Set up at that tree and get comfortable and wait. The deer will be on the side of that hill thats covered with pinon/cedar/sage brush. Im not sure what direction but you need to turn around so you are facing the direct that you drove. Pick up a white river national forest map and you can find this better. from my pics you can clearly see that its a very short walk lol. Also, when you get the map, look for an area called Black mountain. Thats a hot spot for elk.

I shaded in the area where the alfalfa field is, thats private property but you'll be hunting on the left side of the road in BLM and all the deer funnel into this area im putting you. The biggest buck we saw was a 5x5 but we got there to late and they were already on private land in the field.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

/\/\/\ That doesn't look like 55.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:54 PM

thats area 15.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:23 PM
usa
Fork Horn

FrontierGander, I think the only thing you forgot to tell him was the deers names LOL
Old 12-24-2006, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: usa

FrontierGander, I think the only thing you forgot to tell him was the deers names LOL

LOL. Just trying to make it easier for him is all. Im no longer able to hunt that area soi figured to pass it on to someone that needs some easier hunting grounds. We moved back down south so im going back to my old area in unit 84.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:22 AM

Outstanding!! I appreciate this alot!!!
Have a very Merry X-Mas!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:08 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Gander, Kudo's to you, I help out everybody that I can but if I had been you I would have pm'ed himbecause every yahoo including me is thinking about checking that place out, Merry X-Mas