Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

muley hunt

Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
jjo

Default muley hunt

i'm thinking about a mule deer hunt. i live in the northeast [ma] i need some help. which states offer the best mule deer populations. i wiil have to use an outfitter, so i guess they handle tags i think. if not where is it easiest to get a tag? oh yeah which state gives best shot at a trophy. thanks jjo
Old 01-17-2006, 11:35 AM

Default RE: muley hunt

Wyoming, Colorado and Utah are all great... Here in Arizona-the strip and Kiabab are awesome, but getting drawn is another story.
Good luck
Old 01-17-2006, 11:13 PM

First you should check out the cost of the tags and what kinda deer you are looking for? What type of hunting you are planing and able to do and what time of the year? I like Colorado myself and think the deer hunting is getting great. I have not ever hunted with a guide but the costs are up there. I have posted a swap hunt on this site and am swaping either a first season elk or third season deer hunt here in Colorado. I am asking for a place to take my kids hunting but I am open to other trades, or if you just want more info please get back to me. Jovan
[email protected]
Old 01-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Big Mulies are hard to find everywhere. Increased hunting pressure, increased poaching, mismanagement of hunting regs by local Game & Fish authorities. . . all have a detrimental effect on trophy Mulies. Or anything else.
I live in Cheyoming and have personally seena lot of20+ inch mulies.
Why do you have to use an outfitter? If you do, I recommend looking for an outfitter that offers "assisted" hunts instead of fully guided. I think they are more fun, and have to be less expensive.
I would have to recommend Colorado just because I think it is easiest to get a license there. But I see a lot of hunting shows bringing down big Mulies in Canada as well.