Looking for a place to Hunt Prairie Dogs close to Denver, CO >

Looking for a place to Hunt Prairie Dogs close to Denver, CO

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Looking for a place to Hunt Prairie Dogs close to Denver, CO

Old 05-04-2006, 12:03 PM

Default Looking for a place to Hunt Prairie Dogs close to Denver, CO

Hello, from Kentucky......

My father and I are coming to the Denver area May 19, 20, 21. I have a buddy in the area who has found a couple of places to hunt (Private land), but I was hoping to find a backup plan if the shooting gets cold.

Someone told me Division of Wildlife had a list of landowners that would let you hunt, but I called and they don't have a list.

If anyone knows how I can find another place to hunt prairiedogs I would appreciate it.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Looking for a place to Hunt Prairie Dogs close to Denver, CO

Well Prairie Dogs are not huntable east of I-25 unless you are doing it on behalf of the land owner. You do also have to have a small game license here in Colorado. Driving north out of Denver you can find the dog towns all over the place but its all private land and must get land owner OK. I myself will be going up to WY in Aug and Sept to do some shooting but I wait a little so that the pups can have a chance to survive if I get a Momma. Theres tons of public land and you dont even need a SG license. WY does have a list of some land owners and if you call them up and ask them some allow hunting. Some for free but some also charge a fee.

By the way here in Colorado their called the Division Of Wildlife. Too bad they all couldn't have the same names since they all do about the same thing. Good luck on finding a place to shoot em. Jovan