Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

I need a place to prairie dog hunt

Old 03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default I need a place to prairie dog hunt

I want to take a trip out to either western south dakota or eastern montana and hunt prairie dogs this summer. I have never hunted prairie dogs before and I am wondering how to get permission/acess to good prairie dog land?

Thanks,

Die Hard
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need a place to prairie dog hunt

I can tell you how I do it and it may help. I pick up the phone call my sister and tell her I am coming out for a couple days. Drive out and shoot all of hers then go to all the neighbors and shoot theirs. Usually before the weekend is over at least one neighbor will come by and ask if I will shoot theirs too. Never run out of targets.

If you want to shoot on private land it really is as simple as finding pds and asking. But I have never shot them in Montana or SoDak so things may be different there.
You may want to check into WY which has more public land than anywhere available for shootin pds.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

western Ne around morril and scottsbluff, and eastern WY around torrington have tons of prarie dogs. nobody will turn you away.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

I antelope hunted at hell creek ranch a few years ago, after our hunt we went dog hunting. what a blast.