WA Multi-Season Permit Approval >

WA Multi-Season Permit Approval

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA Multi-Season Permit Approval

Old 01-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Spike

Default WA Multi-Season Permit Approval

I saw in the Jan 14th Washington Fish & Game News Release that the commission has approved the permit process for elk and deer hunters to hunt archery, muzzle and modern firearms in the same year. However, as I understand this, it is by special permit draw and IF you get drawn, it will cost you $150 IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR LICENSE FEE.

So that means we will pay $5 to purchase a chance to get selected to pay $150 on top of the normal $61.32 we pay for an elk + deer license, so that we can hunt multiple seasons AND STILL ONLY BE ABLE TO HARVEST 1 ELK AND 1 DEER?

I would love to be able to not have to choose between archery and modern firearms, but if it will cost me an extra $155 (a 252% increase over what we pay now) to take the same amount of meat, it just isn't worth it!

Why is our state government screwing us hunters so much? They give us what should be a good thing, and make it a lose-lose situation for the hunter. Almost everyother state allows multiple seasons (especially for deer) at no extra cost!

Through our purchase of licenses (hunting and fishing), along with a little known 11% federal tax that's part of ALL outdoors related equipment we buy in the stores, we are funding the Fish and Wildlife departments! The state funds very little of the department's budget. Yet they want to milk us even more!

Where's our justice?

Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 PM

Default RE: WA Multi-Season Permit Approval

I agree...they want too much for not much in return. But I also know that there are alot of guys that want the option to hunt both seasons, much like it was not that many years ago.Hunting will become a rich man's sport!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Typical Buck

It is becoming more and more evident that the WDFW and the Commision wants whatever will generate the most money. Now I'm not opposed to multiple seasons, but I don't think I'll be paying the $155 to do it over and above the normal tag fee. There was an opportunity for a good think for WA hunters, but all we got was a sore butt and a kiss on the cheek. For those willing to dance the dance, more power to you. I'm hunting Idaho this archery season in addition to WA, so I can go back overlater if I don't fill my tag early. That's enough for me.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Spike

It's pretty bad when we have to go out of state! Especially if you have to pay non-resident fees.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL they want is MORE MONEY earlier , since you must pay your $5.48 by the end of April.
I t would be nice if they would chitcan the drawing and make it available to EVERYONE, and also let you buy a west elk tag if you don't fill your eastern tag!
What would be GREAT is if all would reject thier "voluntary taxing" and force the MORONSopen it up to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
Our biggest problem is that too many people are willing to spend TOO MUCH money out there!!!!!!!!!!