Thinking of moving to Montana

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Thinking of moving to Montana

Old 05-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thinking of moving to Montana

where you out of Nemont?

The 1st 3 years I had lots of native friends.They Fed me very time they could. I let 2 difrant guys live with me I of them for over half the year . After using me they moved out and will never call to do anything,TILL they need more hand outs.Evry native I have meet has said the natives are the nice ones the out of staters is whom sucks.Even the few native friends allways talk about how crappy the out of staters are they just allways say but charles we dont count you.

As you know little of me.I have done many many tings for and with the natives here in helena.As I stated the difrants is out east of montana the people are ranchers. Here in helena they are miners. Miners are lowners they do all they can for them selves, they are GREEDY very very greedy.

1st of all you should NEVER have to flag down a car walking out of the moutains packing a 3 year old kid.They had to pass my car. @nd I did try to wave down many trucks.I allso walked to 2 houses where I could see people standing in the room but would not ancer the door.

On the outher hand I lost a tire WAY back in the breaks and EVERY guy that passed stoped. Out east they allso took my family to there home to feed us when we got drifted in by snow.I tottaly beleave this is due to the fact of what there elders teach them.I allso send they candy every year for the help.Allso if I am close I stop by and say hi,they have never ask for any thing.This is in no way like helena.In helena they expect some kind of reword for any help they may give you.

There is a study by some students. They hich hiked all over MONTANA. Gess what in the moutains it took hours to get a ride.Took no time at all to get a ride in central or out east.

Just what is treated like a native. That is a good coment.Why is is not treated with respect.Or treated how he treats outhers. To me there should never be treated like a native.Right there is my point people are treated difrant here by where they live not how they act or treat people.

I to say take all that you are told in, than make your own opion.

I just know that many people here in helena got to me every way they could.The closser they got as friends the more they took.In the eastern part of the state they did not seem this way.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Bareback jack
Glade you did not take ofence to my ranting.I am very glade I did not move to Kalispel. It was 2nd on our list. Took a few trips up there allso very very sucky.

It is very hard to make friends around helena,most all mine are out east some even around you :}

Maby what happen is some of the rich people moved to montana.This may have set a pressadent of what OUT OF STATERS are like. Maby this is why some here do not treat people right. I know Kalispel is very rich/pore place no middle class at all there.

NEMONT
Its funny the 1st thing you did was insult me :}
Old 05-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The people that moved to the moutains where miners.Every one knows what miners are like.
ELKINMTCWB, You have a bad attitude that is why you do not fit in.
I am a hard rock contract underground miner. The machine I run at work is 132-pounds. I run it for about 8-hours of my 10-hour work day. Ask yourself could you wrestle, lift & fight with a 132-pound oily loud machine for 8-straight hours everyday?
That machine keeps me in good enough physical condition to whip any loud mouth outsider arse.
Have a nice day,

Wolf Killer
Old 05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

keep smiling wolf. I allso have run jacks. But by no way did that make me drive by any one in truble or use people for any reasion I could,for self profit.

Look in any history book. Miners where lowners,greedy,and took all they could not caring how they took it.THIS MAY NOT MEEN YOU BUT THAT IS WHAT THE NORMAL OLD GOLD MINER WAS.

Fill free to put me in the class of an outsider once agin you have proven my point.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

where you out of Nemont?

The 1st 3 years I had lots of native friends.They Fed me very time they could. I let 2 difrant guys live with me I of them for over half the year . After using me they moved out and will never call to do anything,TILwhere you out of Nemont?

The 1st 3 years I had lots of native friends.They Fed me very time they could. I let 2 difrant guys live with me I of them for over half the year . After using me they moved out and will never call to do anything,TILL they need more hand outs.Evry native I have meet has said the natives are the nice ones the out of staters is whom sucks.Even the few native friends allways talk about how crappy the out of staters are they just allways say but charles we dont count you.

As you know little of me.I have done many many tings for and with the natives here in helena.As I stated the difrants is out east of montana the people are ranchers. Here in helena they are miners. Miners are lowners they do all they can for them selves, they are GREEDY very very greedy.

L they need more hand outs.Evry native I have meet has said the natives are the nice ones the out of staters is whom sucks.Even the few native friends allways talk about how crappy the out of staters are they just allways say but charles we dont count you.

ELKINMTCWB,

I live in Glasgow, Eastern Montana born and raised. I live here by choice and had to find a way to make a good living. I started my own business and have made a successful business over the last ten years. I stop and help everyone, don't pick up hitch hikers anymore but that is a whole other story. I have lived in Helena though and have two sisters there I have never ran into greedy, greedy people there but you must have gotten into a bad bunch of people.

I am sorry you have such a low opinion of Montana and it's people. I have traveled and hunted all over this great state and find the people to be top notch. The reason that there are friendly people in the Eastern and central parts of the state is because the majority of them are native born and raised. In the west most are from California, Washington, Conn. and other places.

I hunt in the breaks a lot every fall and would be one of the guys who would stop and help. I don't care where you are from.

Nemont
Old 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I do not have a low opinion of the people of montana.As I have said many times the people in central and eastern montana are very good .It is here in the weastern part that suck for most part.

Montana is A very good place to be there is just some bad things about it,just as any where else.I have lived in a few states. I can tell you if you have lived in difrant places you would see difrant problems.MO was a very good place to live but the TAXs are nuts.Not much public hunting grounds.KS was ok to live but the heat in summer sucked.You allso do not have the difrant animals to hunt.BUt in KS the farmer would give you the shirt off there back.

I just stated my opinion of here in montana.I know there is good and bad peeople every where.I have been stabed and shot to prove it

I allso hunt the breaks.

My grand dad did not fight for MO he fought for USA,as I am sure yours did.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nemont

The reason that there are friendly people in the Eastern and central parts of the state is because the majority of them are native born and raised. In the west most are from California, Washington, Conn. and other places.
Nemont
Could not have said it better. These transplants move here because of the way things are and the first thing they do is try and change them like it was were they came from..
I live in the Western side of the state and am working in the East and there is a big difference.Farming folks in the Central and Eastern side of the state. I hate mizooooola and avoid it at all costs. The attitude there is no different than Southern Cal.
The farther away you get the better the people. You can still find some folks that wave and give you the right away, but it's getting less every year.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to live up there in Montana (Great Falls) and I really enjoyed it out there. Everyone was always pretty cool with me but the town itself was rather dull.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:43 PM

Moving to MT was the best move I ever made!!!!!!

Nemont is pretty much right on the money with just about everything. Plan on adding a couple of pointers or labs to the family.

I'm pretty partial to Livingston and Southwest MT but there are few places that you won't find something great about it.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:26 AM

It is amazing how many people responded to this! First off, I want to leave Florida (I am a native) because transplants have destroyed my truly beloved state. I have deep South beleifs and many (not all) people from the eastern seaboard as well as the mid-west have brought there ideas and manners with them [:@] which contradict everything that I was raised to believe. So I definately know what ya'll are saying about transplants. I honestly do not feel I would have a problem "fitting in". I was looking in areas around Lewistown. The small towns and schools is another thing that has attracted me to your state. I figured the salaries would be less than what I am used to, but I will own everything outright. No morgage, vehicle payment, etc.. With that I could make less money to survive and support my family (as well as my hunting habit). I raise horses and cattle down here in Fl. so the "ranchers" areas would suite me better. I can understand native's defending their state, I have done the same with mine.

Thank you for all of your replies!

K2SOCO

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to Montana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.