Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Hunting Rights On Water??? >

Hunting Rights On Water???

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Hunting Rights On Water???

Old 05-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Rights On Water???

My father grew up duck hunting in MI and he always thought that the hunting rights on water did not apply to waterfowl hunting. He never had a problem but he has not done it in quite some time.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

The laws vary considerably state to state. So bottom line- know the law in the state you are hunting.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:45 PM

they shure do make it hard on hunters im hoping this fall to hunt a creek that runs into a lake close to where i deer hunt ill be going to the dnr office at the lake just to make shure im legal where i want to hunt there was plenty of geese in there last year
Old 07-07-2005, 09:58 PM

I've always been told that you could hunt any thing that you can get to from public water, you just cant tie to a tree or anchor ur boat. But we always do it anyways and nobody has ever said anything. It's not like we're hurtin anything. But of course we hunt out in the boondocks and there's not a house around for miles. Except for this old guy that lives right beside the boat ramp, I never understood why anybody would wanna live there. I'd hate to wake up to duck and goose calls every mornin at about 3 or 4 a.m. lol.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:54 AM

Here in Mo you can hunt out of the boat but once you get out you are trespassing. You will also be called out by the land owner for being in the bat. hunted the river ast year and hunted some great milo and cornfields that were flooded. One farmer did not say anything but then again he would have had to either swim or boat to us. Another boated out to us and gave us hell until we explained the law to him. We then asked himif he wanted to join us and he did. No we have permission to hunt his field anytime it floods.