Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Your limits

Old 02-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Your limits

I was just curious what your limits are for ducks, Canada's and snowies?
Also do you agree with them and how they are set up?
Here our daily limit is 8 d, 5 C, 20 s. with possesion of I think 16d, 10C and 80? s.
My problem is that some hunters who have the time can hunt 7 days a week and possibly get 7 limits of ducks but if I only hunt weekends I can only get 2 limits. If limits are to protect the species being hunted I thought a weekely limit would work better. It would deffinenly make my season more fun because of getting more shooting on the 2 days I get out. This may seem selfish to most but it would level the playing field and also likely not change the number of birds taken greatly. It also may increase the numbers of hunters because they get more value for thier money if they can only hunt weekends.(school age or working hunters)
Allowing sunday hunting has helped out in the number of hunters, I would have loved to have it when I was in school!
Comments?
now only to get Sunday hunting for archery der.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Your limits

It really agitates me these limits and how much people shoot, it kills my hunting and makes the birds harder to hunt because Im at the end of the flyway, North Carolina. I contribute over hunting as one of the probelms for poor duck numbers!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:34 PM

I have a 6 duck limt.

I dont beleive that you could have a weekly limit cause it would be to hard to enforce. Whos to say a guy could shoot his weekly limit, and not get checked and then go out tomorrow and shoot another limit and the next day till he is checked. Granted this happens on daily limits as well.

And yes my opinion is a little biased cause i get to hunt every day a week, well almost every day, I usually dont hunt on mondays.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:27 AM

Mrwake how long is your season? Ours lasts 2 months but most often the birds are long gone for the last 2 weeks. I don't see a solution to the fact that you are at the end of the fly way. I can see why it makes it harder to hunt the birds, but don't feel that I should not be able to hunt so that it is easier for you. I do think that the farther south you go the better the hunters get. It doesn't take all that much to get a limit up here but down there I expect it takes alot more skill.

80proof It just is frustrating when I have a spot that you could get a great shoot, and have to quit shooting even though the birds are still flying. I guess my solution is to take friends hunting that can't shoot very well so that I shoot some of thier limit, or that are just happy to be there and I can still shoot some of thier limit.
Would a weekly limit make for less competition for places to hunt? If you hunt tues-fri and limit out, does it let people have more spots on weekends? Andy
Old 02-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 6 D ,2 early season 1 regular C goose and 10 Snows ( only shot 10-12 in my life here)

Few miles away it is 6 early season and 2 regular season C goose