Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Of all the bad things....... >

Of all the bad things.......

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Of all the bad things.......

Old 12-31-2004, 11:03 AM

Default RE: Of all the bad things.......

Favorite thing-how each year the legends of our skills and shooting abilities get better and better and how each year we bring ourselves back to reality when the first bunch comes into the decoys and we should have shot 4 and all but one managed to fly away!!!

Actually I just love being out in nature with good friends, a great dog and my son.

I dislike pulling the decoys on the last day because I know I have to wait another 8 months before I get to do it again.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:07 PM

Things I love:

Watching the anticipation in my Chessie's eyes.

Looking up from the blind and seeing a Tornado of ducks as far as the eye can see spiraling down into the swamp. Only happened once 01/09/1998.

A big freeze in Jan when the river fills up with migraters and we launch the boat at near dark and the fog is rising off the water.

Letting everyone empty their guns while jumpshooting before I knock one out of the sky.

The sound of wings flying overhead in the predawn hours while heading for the blind.

Things I can do without:

Leaky boots or waders.

Not being able to go when its time.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breaking that anxiety feeling after shooting the first bird of the season. Coffee never tastes any better than steaming hot out off your thermos while waiting in the marsh for the morning flight to start. Ever actually finish that same coffee hot?

Ron
Old 01-01-2005, 04:45 PM

yea what he said lol !!!! every thing !!!!!!! the best time of the year !!! watching the fog rise of thewater and dropin that mallardc at 50 yrds. !!1
Old 01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

i like it all the birds working into the deeks the dog whining and lookin around everywhere i like it alll just bein out there and being a part of it