Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

1st pintail of the season

Old 12-14-2004, 11:16 AM

Default 1st pintail of the season

went out this mornin .... got to the area we had planned on huntin .... and the surrounding vegatation had been bushhogged to 2" or so .... lol .... no cover what so ever ..... so we decide to layout using burlap to cover up with .... get the dekes set out 30 minutes before legal shootin time .... standin there BS'n and in come 3 blacks ...... so 10 minutes or so before legal time we decide to settle in ..... get covered up and in swims 4 mallards ..... well as usual .... they flyout right before legal shootin .... right at legal time we are COVERED in birds .... and none of them will finish .... altho mad ...at this point we are still crossin our fingers .... then in come 2 mallards along with a great lookin pintail .... with a LONG sprig ... had 1 mallard and the pintail on a string ... but the other one didnt want no part of it ... so after workin the birds for over 3 minutes ... they bugged out but those pintails sure get me goin so it was all well worth it ... even tho we didnt pull the trigger ....saw sum good groups of flight birds also ..... with the snow comin down like it was ... we stood out like a sore thumb .... shoulda had white sheets but didnt expect that much snow .... guess we shoulda built a fast blind and brushed it up but with the water droppin fast the field wont be worth messin with that now .... but we know where they went and hope to be there in the mornin if the water level co-operates ..... oh yeah ...carp if ya see me online give me a shout ... i need sum info in a BAD kinda way ..... good luck yall
Old 12-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 1st pintail of the season

Hey cool seeing one, i dunno if i have ever seen one in person. Ya gotta be on here for me to get ahold of ya!!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:44 PM

ya talkin bout the state ?? or my state of mind lol
Old 12-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are a goofy one!!! LOL!! wrong post!!! pm me if ya dont see me this evening wolf!!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM

I shot 2 dake pinnies this season. Both had awesome color but no sprig! The last one we had 1 drake and 2 hens working us for awhile. They were probably going to make another pass when I decided I would pull up before my two buddies and drop the drake. They were pissed. lol. I took a picture of him huggingme, to show off his wing color, but haven't gotten the film developed yet.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:55 PM

congrats on the pinnies man .... we dont see many at all here most seasons ...so im kinda excited ..... talked to one of my buddies today .... said he saw the same sprig with the 2 mallards along with a good amount of mallards and blacks in the area we are to hunt tomorrow ..... and carp ... i am IM'n ya on yahoo right now dude .... where ya at ?? lol
Old 12-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like were havin some schedule conflicts buddy!!!