Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

get this !!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 10:56 PM

Default get this !!!!

we get set-up at one of the areas we hunt bout an hour fore shootin time .... so there we are swappin lies and waitin for the birds and the next thing ya know 2 guys come walkin out of the darkness have enuff nerve to ask if they can set-up not 100 yrds from us .... now mind ya ... this is private property and we had never met these guys .... so not knowing for sure if they have permission or not ...... we tell em sure go right ahead (dont wanna cause waves with the landowner) ...... so anyhow after a few birds shot (without them firing a shot) they pack up and leave .... but what gets me .... seems like hunters are losin respect for others ....seem to see it more and more each season ... i would have never done sumthin like that to a group of hunters .... altho i have invited others to hunt with me when the birds are down and they show up near shootin time at the area im huntin .... these guys expected it !!! just seemed kinda out there if ya know what i mean
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 PM

Default RE: get this !!!!

i can't stand hunting around other people especially that close. i would of been pissed if they wouldn't of asked first. That happens to me a couple of times a year. Hunters show up to your spot you worked so hard to find 10 minutes before shooting time. If I see anybody hunting the same area i usually just find a different spot.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 AM

yeah the thing that hit me after they headed to the spot was ... they were downwind from us .... im not tryin to brag but we call birds from people all the time (that set-up too close)so i wasnt too worried bout killin birds ... just worried they would shoot birds as we worked em
Old 12-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

i hate it when other people try and compete with you over getting the birds to come in close enough to shoot at, but if they are close enough to me where there actually help i dont mind it at all, but i also hate when there is people in a feild or in an area that they dont have permission to hunt in, that has happened to me alot more this year than any other
Old 12-15-2004, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah wolf atch out how much ya brag, we were goose hunting in the fog in the early season and didnt know it but a group had set up about 200 yards from us, a flock of geese was zingin overhead and saw out spread, locked up and continued to circle back into us, about 15 seconds later we heard shootin and close!! We ended up getting cut off!!! they got five we got two that day!!![:@]
Old 12-15-2004, 04:51 PM

sorry to hear that man ..... sounds like sum hoosiers were huntin that field with yall that day lol
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Must have been!!!! Only hoosiers woould do that right??????
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 PM

indeed