Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Found 'em!

Old 01-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Spike

Default Found 'em!

Found the ducks! Been lookin' everywhere!

I just returned from Venice, LA last night where seven of us hunted and seven of us killed limits. Pintails there by the tens-of-thousands. Shame you can only shoot one.

We shot mallards, pintails, grays, widgeon, teal and a few smiley-faces (by accident). Met folks there from all over the country who had been, like me, searching for the elusive ducks in more northern climes -- to no avail.

Venice is my old stand-by. It has never let me down yet.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 09:42 AM

Default RE: Found 'em!

Mr Owens and Discus dad Hey boys the Mallards are really swarming in here at the Gibson power plant now they are feeding in the corn fields south of the plant ! Just thought I'd let u know in case u guys get in around the area ! The Wabash and White Rivers are still open and no ice . Still no geese in this area of southern Indiana!
Old 01-09-2002, 12:00 AM

I didn't realize that you couldn't shoot 1 pintail anywere in the USA. Here in Kansas the earky season I think you can shoot 8 per day. Also lots of them.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:04 AM

I would like to post you on the "goose capital of kansas" but haven't been there yet this year(KIRWIN) Although I have hunting buddies that have gone and they have come back with good reports
Old 01-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Spike

Headed back to Venice in the morning (Thursday, January 10). Can't stand to know that all those ducks are down there and no one (meaning me) is there to shoot them. I'm playing it smart this week, however. I'm taking my wife as far as New Orleans. She'll stay there with my hunting partner's wife while we head down to hunt Friday and Saturday. This way I get to count it as "her" weekend. My mama didn't raise no dummy!

I'll let you know if this weekend is as good as the last.