Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Give me your best choice... >

Give me your best choice...

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Give me your best choice...

Old 10-29-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Give me your best choice...

I am looking for some snow goose decoys. I would be hunting corn fields usually. What kind and how many would you recommend. Something fairly cheap but that will work. Thanks
Old 10-29-2004, 01:10 PM

Default RE: Give me your best choice...

Northwind type decoys are by far the most common and effective decoys among the hardcore snow goose decoys. You can get them cheap, about $100 for 50 from http://www.knutsondecoys.com/decoys/.../windsock.html and they will last for years. Many people are moving to metal stakes, but the wood will last for a little while. If that is still too much, you can use texas rag decoys, which are made of plastic. They are less effective and durable, but you can get them for about half the price of Northwinds. Also, you can make sillouhettes on your own from coroplast, which is basically plastic cardboard. There is an abundant supply right now that should be easy to obtain within a week or so. Most of the election signs are made from this material. You can collect them and make your own sillouhettes and add stakes and you will be in good shape. Have fun and good luck.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Give me your best choice...

Try mixing regualr decoys and rags. The rags are much more affordable. We have hunted with approx 200 decoys, 3 dz dekes and the rest rags with much success.