Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Blind design info

Old 02-24-2002, 02:58 PM

Default Blind design info

Anyone know of a book, website, etc that shows alot of different blind designs ?
Old 02-25-2002, 08:13 AM

Default RE: Blind design info

Although it is out of print, the book SUCCESSFUL WATERFOWLING, by Zack Taylor, has a wealth of information on building different blinds. Maybe you can find a copy in your library or a used book shop.
While not as detailed as the above book, the bood DUCK HUNTING from the hunting and fishing Library series (Cowles Creative Publishing) (usually you can find these at Borders, Gander Mountain, ect) has some good basic information and photos. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 05:50 PM

coot, I have been in some offshore blinds that have a back sitting room with a stove, heaters, armchairs with a walk down to the boat ramp, heated shooting area, walk area around the blind,dog platforms. Pit blinds with slide back hatches. and some very nice 4X8 plywood shore blinds. Personally a nice sneakboat does the job for us.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:24 PM

I went down to a local hat making shop they cut out bills and other parts of hat from camo material and throw the rest away ask them if they will give you the remaining fabric.
Old 02-26-2002, 01:10 PM

coot, Last year I was at the public library and checked out a large paperback booked called "Waterfowling Boats, Blinds and Related Gear" by Chuck Lichon, I liked it so much I ordered the book from Books a Million for around $17. If anyone has this book look on page 42. I would like to know what kind of brush that is. I have made up plans similar to that one and design the shooting hole in the center. The boat house on one side and the shelter part on the other side of the shooting hole. I really like how that blind looks like a island and not like a box.
Check out the library, coot. If I had a scanner I would send you a picture. This book also has the design and material list.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Floating blind, on poles or what? If you want a boat blind just mail me and I can hook you up.