Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mojo Floater

Old 01-10-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Mojo Floater

Ok i hunt swamps small rice fields and flooded timber and all we get is wood ducks and i am thinking of getting one of those floating decoys that the wings spin around.. I used to carry decoys and they became a pain to carry through hip deep water so i am going to bye one of those things. There are in cabelas for like 95 bucks is this worth it. See these ducks come in only for 3 or so minutes and then the shooting is over so i dont think it matters what kind of duck it is. Has anyone of yall tried these if so how did it work for yall.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:11 AM

Default RE: Mojo Floater

I have hunted with most all and would recommend the floater over all the rest. It is way more convient to use and does not matter how deep or how hard the bottom is. I recommend buying the remote as well. We found that the birds were a little decoy shy and it helped to turn the floater off when the birds locked in on our spread.

Are you just pass shooting or are the woodies attempting to land in your spread?
Old 01-12-2004, 04:35 PM

i really dont uses more than 3 or 4 decoys at a time. Our hunts dont last that long but the are usally good. Depending on where i hunt i some times pass shoot and some times 20 will land 5 feet from me 5 minutes before time. But all wood ducks.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't just put out the floater..........I'd throw a few dekes out also.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:10 PM

yeah those floaters really look good. But id throw a few regular dekes out with them. As far as carring decoys in deep water goes, i think thats the easiest, you can just float them along behind you.