Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Hole in my waders! Help!

Old 12-13-2003, 11:44 AM

Default Hole in my waders! Help!

This morning a stick opened a small (less than 1/4 inch) hole in my waders. They are the Redhead 3mm neoprene ones. I've got one of Basspro's repair kits that came w/ the waders...you guys have any tips for patching them up?
Old 12-13-2003, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Hole in my waders! Help!

Use the repair kit and get busy and order a couple more kits. Neoprene waders are very comfortable and warm but sure are not very tough unless you get the ones with a cordura outer surface. I keep an extra pair on hand all the time so I don't have to worry if I do get wet one day I can just get the other pair out.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:21 PM

i just recently had a little leak in mine and i didnt feel comfortable cutting them to put the patch on it so i loaded it up with the glue that came with the patch kit, worked like a charm, so far..........
Old 12-17-2003, 12:00 AM

Not really familiar with the patch kit but i do know that aquaseal works like a charm most dive shops carry it in small tubes someone once told me that the old shoo-goo works good but i can't seem to find that around here. keep a couple tubes of aquaseal around cuz once opened the tube is useless in about a month but it really does work great no need to patch if its a huge hole just put some duct tape on the inside and let the aquaseal set over night. good luck.