Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Anyone have any good designs for blinds?(Pic) >

Anyone have any good designs for blinds?(Pic)

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anyone have any good designs for blinds?(Pic)

Old 12-17-2003, 04:52 AM

Default Anyone have any good designs for blinds?(Pic)

This past season, I modified my 16' Lund to use for hunting the "big water". It really handles the rough water well, will accomodate up tp 3 hunters comfortably and allows me to go out when smaller craft can't leave the landing. With a 90 h.p. outboard, I can get there pretty quick as well.

Basically I built a framework out of 2x2's and use electrical zip ties to secure grass mats to the framework. I carry a camo burlap tarp to cover the engine. When pushed back into the cattails or cane's this blind really disappears!

My boat blind and my Lab, "Rose"
Old 12-17-2003, 08:18 AM

Default RE: Anyone have any good designs for blinds?(Pic)

Looks awesome!!!!!!! My Dad used to run an outfitter here in MD and he would take his 16' boats and make a frame out of 2x2's and cover with pine boughs. His frame was more of a C design with one side open and the roof covered. This was for sea ducks which usually fly lower. It worked pretty well and would keep the rain off you. Same with the burlap sack over the out board too.

Here's a tip: have your anchor line attached to the boat with a carabiner clip of some sort and have a float on there. When you down a duck you just unhook the anchor, motor to get the bird and then come back to the anchor and your boat is in the exact same place. This is great so you don't have to haul the anchor each time and then try to set up in the deks again. Probably not as useful for someone with a dog, we never had one.