Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

first good day

Old 11-05-2003, 11:18 AM

Default RE: first good day

up at ten to 5,overcast 30 degrees strong northwest wind,went and set out 12 dekes and 1 mojo. 2 of us killed 5 greenheads 1 greenwing 1 woodie b4 i had to leave hunted in some timber ponds on the river. gonna take some pics when i have a little more time. anyone else get any shootin?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:16 PM

ON THE SOUTH PLATTE RIVER MONDAY MOURNING WITH SNOW AND RAIN MIXED WITH WIND ABOUT 30 MPH.I SHOOT 4 GREENHEADS,I RINGNECK AND A BLUE WING TEAL.I SHOT ALL OF THEM IN THE FIRST HOUR.PULLED MY FIRST TRIPLE EVER.LOT' S OF NORTHERN BIRDS COMING IN,ALSO SAW COUPLE OF THOUSAND SNOW AND CANADIAN GEESE IN SOME CORN FIELDS.SO THEY ARE ON THERE WAY SOUTH FINALLY.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:02 PM

I haven' t even been out duckn yet. I haven' t seen any ducks down here. Not much water down here in SE CO. Plus i don' t have any river access. So no luck so far. Just waiting for the snows to show up.

Duckn Bag,

I went to college in Greeley. I loved hunting geese up that way. I am hoping to get up that way in a couple of weeks and shoot some big Canadas.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:20 PM

up at 4:30 to clear skiesno wind 24 degrees went down the river to my spot and found some skim ice that i had to deal with[:@] set out 12 dekes and my mojo. not much for a flight but did manage 4 mallards. anybody else get any shootin? good luck to all[8D]