Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

first good day

Old 11-01-2003, 03:12 PM

Default first good day

my buddy and myself killed 7 mallards this AM. any body else get any shootin. This was our first good day
Old 11-01-2003, 03:53 PM

Default RE: first good day

I got a banded bull Can , two Bluebills, two Greenheads and a GW teal. Starting to ice up the shallows now so if it don' t change I' ll have to go to the rivver for any more waterfowl.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:56 PM

Went out a couple of days ago and nailed 4 nice greenheads. Unfortunately I forgot to refill the ammo bag and left the fresh box of shells in the car, which of couse, the wife was using at the time. Go figure,1/2 hr after I gathered up my dekes and walked out to the road to meet the wife,a flock of 10 can. geese came in and landed 20 yrds. from where my dekes were sittin' [][:-]
Old 11-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddies and I shot over 100 Canadas, a bunch of snows, many limits of ducks and a few Sandhill cranes for a bonus. Most of the birds are gone now as it is pretty cold up here. It was a good year for us and with the banner spring hatch here, you folks down south should have a good year too. Good luck in your season.

Ron
Old 11-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I sure wish some of the northern birds would come down soon, still all local birds and all they are doin is sittin on these ponds in town. Hopefully they' ll start comin pretty soon!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

we killed 17 spooines and 1 buffle this morning. The northern flight is just moving in down here there was wave after wave after wave of ducks comin in from the north all day I' m talking 10en' s of thousands of birds.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:20 AM

got up sunday at 4:30 AM to a light rain got dressed and waited for my hunting buddy. He showed up at 5 just as it started to rain a little harder. He looked at me and said " now what?" So out we went in the rain,a little thunder and lightning,wind and a very low ceiling.At 7:25 he looked at me and said" now what?' ' . we had 8 greenheads I couldent belive it,everything soaked,boat full of water so we went in. It was a great hunt in less than ideal conditions.lots of birds coming down the river,mostly ringnecks and mallards. good luck everyone[8D]
Old 11-03-2003, 09:29 AM

We had a great weekend too. 3 guys killed 14 Saturday and 2 killed 12 Sunday. Lots of flight birds coming down. Sat. it was cold and rainy, birds dropping from the fog. Sunday was warm and sunny, birds dropping from the ozone layer

Lots of good sights, lots of fun, took some good pics of birds right over the dekes after we filled our limits. Hope everyone else has some fun too, look out down south, they are headed that way.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:37 AM

up at 5:45 to a light rain,calm wind warm temps. went out and set out 6 decoys and my mojo. killed 4 mallards and still had time to get my kids to school by 8:00.anybody else kill any thing?
Old 11-04-2003, 01:50 PM

This was last Saturday morning ...

My 12 year old Llewellin Setter and 2 year old grandson wait for the yellar dawg and me to get home from our usual Friday/Saturday hunt.

Quick Reply: first good day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.