Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Had a good week

Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 AM

Default Had a good week

We went out Monday shot 40 geese, Tues shot 75 geese, Wed shot 11 geese, Thurs shot 140 geese, Fri shot 30 green heads my shoulder is still sore.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Had a good week

Wow nice hunts sk. Lots of geese around this year for sure. Only been out twice but limited out on darks each time, ducks are starting to show up we limited out on greenheads last saturday and got a 6 bonus greenie' s on thursday while out chasing upland! Speaking of which i don' t remember when I have seen so many huns, we have been hitting a few coveys on the way to our deer hunting spot and they always seem to be around...tasty little devils.

Goose sausage making party at your place[8D]
Old 10-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Spike

you two are killing me!
it' s 75 and hazy here in Los Angeles...
So. Cal opener is tomorrow, looking forward to hopefully getting on one of our refuges in the sweat line...something I' m sure y' all aren' t familiar with up there!

How' s waterfowl looking overall in your opinion(s)? All reports are positive, but wondering if you' re seeing good bird #' s and movement South yet?
Best,
David
Old 10-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Biff, the geese are moving nightly but ducks seem to be not down. I have heard others say ducks are everywhere, so not really sure what the score is on the ducks. I can tell you that the water situation(puddles) is very dismal in my area(previously it was pothole heaven and limiting out on greenies was a quick task) I truly think the ducks have switched there fly patterns are now following the river down, to ensure they have water, this may be giving us a false sense of what is really happen with ducks! In our shoot for ducks we set up on a decent sized body of water with coys and had little problems filling our limit, but since then no birds have come to the same body of water..except snows. The other 6 were just happen to be in the wrong place and we capitalized...other than that not to many mallards around. On the other hand geese are everywhere and hunting them is not a problem, you can pretty much pick a direction and have a shoot the next morning. Snows are thick, but lots of darks (canadas and specs) as well.