Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A good week!

Old 10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A good week!

Hey all,
It's been a great week of hunting! On Sunday night I shot a small doe, recovered her Monday morning before daylight! Kinda cool! Then today I was walking some trails and I seen a Pheasent run and stop up ahead. I go back to my truck get my bow went back look for the bird, spot him @ 20 yards. I have a shoe box size window to shoot thru, BAM! Got him! I felt pretty good after that shot! It was my first rooster and he is going to the taxidermist tomorrow! Then this evening with 20 minutes of light left I see a deer coming down the trail @75 yards, its a buck! I get pretty fired up by this point. I put my binos on the hook pick up my bow. I'm ready! I watch him come down the trail to about 35 yards. I raise my bow to get ready to draw, look down and my hoist line is still attached.....ouch! By this time the deer is at 30 yards, I try to get the line off with on hand, stuggle with it and get busted! This could of been my first buck as well. Oh well can't wait till tomorrows hunt!
Like I said, It's been a great week! Good luck everybody!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A good week!

Way to go
Old 10-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

. I raise my bow to get ready to draw, look down and my hoist line is still attached.....ouch!
I think if you check the by-laws for team Whack em & Stack em , section 13..article 12 under blunders and mistakes you'll see you owe your team members a drink for that one!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are on a roll...Congratulations!

I guess the one good thing about mistakes is that they can educate you. If you can prevent yourself from making the same mistake twice, over time, a guy can almost reach genius status .
Old 10-21-2004, 07:59 AM

Now see what you have gone and done! You got me all pumped up and the adrenaline is flowing and crap where did i put the truck keys[8D]
Old 10-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I raise my bow to get ready to draw, look down and my hoist line is still attached.....ouch!
reminds me of a m/ler hunt, i got there late the weather was terrible, here comes a decent 8 walking right up the trail to me, drop the hammer and nothing, deer just looks at me, drop the hammer again nothing, deer looks again, cap has fallen off at some point, no problem i got my capper right here,,somewhere,,oh yea i remember, its laying the front seat of my truck[:@]

i love it, ha ha ha, sounds like you got it going on though, best of luck
Old 10-21-2004, 11:01 AM

I think if you check the by-laws for team Whack em & Stack em , section 13..article 12 under blunders and mistakes you'll see you owe your team members a drink for that one!
I'm a Samuel Adams kinda guy. You've had some great hunts. The rooster was a shot I'd have loved to see. There is no better feeling then threading the needle. And as for that buck, he'll be back and I can guarentee you won't make that mistake again. I'm glad you opted not to let the arrow go anyways, who knows what would have happened.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks fellas!!!!!

quote:

I'm a Samuel Adams kinda guy. You've had some great hunts. The rooster was a shot I'd have loved to see. There is no better feeling then threading the needle. And as for that buck, he'll be back and I can guarentee you won't make that mistake again. I'm glad you opted not to let the arrow go anyways, who knows what would have happened.
I owe, I owe , I owe!
Yeah I guess I do owe you guys some beers! My Bad![&o] If your ever in the area I'll be glad to buy ya a few! Just let me know!

I had a nice 6 tall pointer come tearin' a$$ up to my tree at 4:50pm! 15 yards and stopped. I didn't even have my release on yet! My harness was in the way, he came up from behind my right shoulder. Worst possible spot for me! He was out of range by the time I was at full draw, then he ran off! Boy I tell ya....when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT POURS!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:17 PM

Congrats! Nice shot on the pheasant.