Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl >

Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl

Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Spike

Thanks RPD63, I am waiting on it to come in tomorrow to my FFL dealer here in town. I know how you feel, I wouldn't want to get rid of my other A5 either.Soon as I get a chance to try it out, I'll post the results. I plan on trying to pattern it with the modified and cylinder chokes to see how some of these new types of ammo they are coming out with, like Winchesters Blind Side, Federals, Remingtons, etc do with it. If I understand the new wads they've developed, the wad doesn't have any petals to fold back and leave the shot charge after leaving the end of the barrell, but are designed to stay with the shot charge longer, having no petals it is a cylinder cup and a tight choke takes away from the pattern. Do you have any thoughts on the new stuff, all I have been using in the 2 3/4" is the regular steel loads, the 3" mag is opening up a new world for me.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=lancemartin;3939751]Thanks RPD63, I am waiting on it to come in tomorrow to my FFL dealer here in town. I know how you feel, I wouldn't want to get rid of my other A5 either.Soon as I get a chance to try it out, I'll post the results. I plan on trying to pattern it with the modified and cylinder chokes to see how some of these new types of ammo they are coming out with, like Winchesters Blind Side, Federals, Remingtons, etc do with it. If I understand the new wads they've developed, the wad doesn't have any petals to fold back and leave the shot charge after leaving the end of the barrell, but are designed to stay with the shot charge longer, having no petals it is a cylinder cup and a tight choke takes away from the pattern. Do you have any thoughts on the new stuff, all I have been using in the 2 3/4" is the regular steel loads, the 3" mag is opening up a new world for me.[/
For the type duck hunting I do, I never really saw the need to jump on the 3 in. bandwagon. Most of our shooting is over decoys or tight in the timber. We use the everyday steel in either Winchester or Remington. My only 3 in. Gun is my dedicated turkey hunting gun. Good shooting and tell us how that Auto 5 treats you. As if I do not already know. Lol
Old 07-08-2012, 03:45 AM
Spike

Great O/U for upland hunting / clay shooting - I own the Cynergy field model w/ classic stock.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Spike

Switched to using O/U's last season, primary gun being a camo cynergy, 30" inch barrels, and will shoot 3.5'' shells. Once you're used to only having two shots, it will make you a better shot IMO. Only once last season did I regret not having that third shot. The pros to the gun are as follows:

1. Camo finish is fairly durable, won't stand up to rubbing well, but it will stand up to the elements. Just remember that any coated parts you use soap and water, and not any kind of normal solvent cleaner as it will strip the camo finish.

2. Synthetic stock and forearm wont ding up like wood or get scratched as easily, or swell from getting wet. I picked this O/U because I figured it would stand up to normal waterfowling abuse, and it did.

3. Good overall shotgun with a lot of modern bells and whistles.

Cons:

1. For whatever reason, no sling mounts. Camo Citori's have them, and for some reason the Cynergys do not. Sure you can get a barrel band sling or whatnot, but for being a super modern day designed gun, they forgot the sling mounts. I drilled and tapped both the stock and forearm myself and added Uncle Mike's sling studs.

2. Front heavy feel. Once you're dialed in with the gun, you won't notice much.

3. At the skeet/trap range, the forearm release lever tends to get hot, try not to burn yourself.

I made the switch and never looked back. I wanted something with no moving parts to wear out, I love my autoloader, but was starting to show some wear and tear on the internals. Was afraid all these new hi powered loads they make now would kill it. The Cynergy is a very well made gun, shoots great, and I'm not afraid to beat the crap out of it in the marsh. Used it for upland as well, and the browning grand passage waterfowl chokes did awesome. Last season shot the Remington Hypersonics, 3" #2's. Probably will shoot something else this season as those loads doubled in price this year. For me it killed 300+ birds last season and no complaints about performance here. I think not having that third shot really makes you focus on that first shot even more, almost forces you to shoot better. Plus if you totally whiff on a bird, saves you an extra shell IMO too. Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Spike

Camocynergy, thanks for your input and advise, I bought the Browning A5, but would still like to have a Cynergy. Wes started early Teal season last Saturday, still using my Browning 525 with 2 3/4" regular steel shot #6's that works great. When goose and crane season opens up, I'll use the A5 Mag 3" Blind Side ammo(BB) with Pattern Master medium range and long range chokes, looking forward to seeing how the new setup performs, compared to my old. Thanks again for your advise.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Spike

boom. boom. boom.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

A clay range I know has Cynergy's as their rental guns. After much use, the forearms get loose. They're decent enough for field guns, but as a sporting / target gun, Browning makes better models.

For a Browning field O/U, I recommend looking into a Lightning or 625.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Spike

JoeA, thanks for the info, I think I'll stick with my 525, many rounds thru it, shooting trap and skeet, dove, pheasant and quail hunting on top of that, close to 100,000 rounds, without any problems, always goes bang when I pull the trigger.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Spike

Default Love the Cynergy

I have a friend that has one these guns and i love it, the only problem i am having is getting it in the color i want/ need. the gun over all is great like most O/U it has great balance some of the best that i have ever seen. I admit that it is not the best looking gun out there with its new stock design, however, the new technology put into the stock by browning has made it a pleasure to shoot. I was able to shoot 3 1/2 shells all day close to 400 rds. And i didn't once ever feel it in my shoulder. It felt a lot like a semi-auto. I will say this; i have always been a huge semi-auto fan but after shooting this gun i am re-thinking my opinion. If you are looking for an all around gun its good because sense it is an O/U it is allowed at all quail plantations and with its rugged outside you don't have to worry about it rusting. But FYI make sure you read the how to take care of the coating cause my friend didn't and had to get it re-finished because he used a solvent to clean it.