HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning Cynergy - Waterfowl
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Camocynergy
Spike

Switched to using O/U's last season, primary gun being a camo cynergy, 30" inch barrels, and will shoot 3.5'' shells. Once you're used to only having two shots, it will make you a better shot IMO. Only once last season did I regret not having that third shot. The pros to the gun are as follows:

1. Camo finish is fairly durable, won't stand up to rubbing well, but it will stand up to the elements. Just remember that any coated parts you use soap and water, and not any kind of normal solvent cleaner as it will strip the camo finish.

2. Synthetic stock and forearm wont ding up like wood or get scratched as easily, or swell from getting wet. I picked this O/U because I figured it would stand up to normal waterfowling abuse, and it did.

3. Good overall shotgun with a lot of modern bells and whistles.

Cons:

1. For whatever reason, no sling mounts. Camo Citori's have them, and for some reason the Cynergys do not. Sure you can get a barrel band sling or whatnot, but for being a super modern day designed gun, they forgot the sling mounts. I drilled and tapped both the stock and forearm myself and added Uncle Mike's sling studs.

2. Front heavy feel. Once you're dialed in with the gun, you won't notice much.

3. At the skeet/trap range, the forearm release lever tends to get hot, try not to burn yourself.

I made the switch and never looked back. I wanted something with no moving parts to wear out, I love my autoloader, but was starting to show some wear and tear on the internals. Was afraid all these new hi powered loads they make now would kill it. The Cynergy is a very well made gun, shoots great, and I'm not afraid to beat the crap out of it in the marsh. Used it for upland as well, and the browning grand passage waterfowl chokes did awesome. Last season shot the Remington Hypersonics, 3" #2's. Probably will shoot something else this season as those loads doubled in price this year. For me it killed 300+ birds last season and no complaints about performance here. I think not having that third shot really makes you focus on that first shot even more, almost forces you to shoot better. Plus if you totally whiff on a bird, saves you an extra shell IMO too. Hope this helps.