Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Best camo for treeline duck blinds? >

Best camo for treeline duck blinds?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Best camo for treeline duck blinds?

Old 08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Spike

Default Best camo for treeline duck blinds?

I have a couple of wood duck blinds located on a treeline adjacent to a bar pit. I was wanting to camo them (top, front & sides) with some fabric. They have some buck brush in front of them too. I was wondering what you guys use to brush & camo blinds along the woods. I was thinking of the Deception camo from Predator. I have a ground blind made with it & it looks really good.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2003, 08:01 PM

Default RE: Best camo for treeline duck blinds?

Ducks are good at picking out unnatural geometry from the light reflections. The VERY BEST thing to use is Pin Oak limbs. Cover SystemsTM is good if you don' t want to cut limbs each September. If the backdrop is evergreen, then Cedar works great and a synthetic alternative is old artificial Xmas tree branches. But you will not get good results from ANY camo fabric on a box-blind unless it stays in shadows during hunt times.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Best camo for treeline duck blinds?

I made a box style blind using pvc as a frame and camo burlap to cover it. Then to break it up, I cut hundreds of strips of burlap and attached it to the blind to break up the outline. Got the idea from a ghillie jacket. I haven' t put it to use yet, but it looks really good.