Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Duck Blinds and Public land hunting??? >

Duck Blinds and Public land hunting???

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck Blinds and Public land hunting???

Old 09-13-2002, 08:32 PM
Spike

Default Duck Blinds and Public land hunting???

I have a problem. While scouting out some new duck hunting areas, I found a duck blind. It was ironic because I was looking at this nice slough that I just found and said to myself, " This spot would be perfect if I put in a blind". Just then I turned and noticed the duck blind. It had been built several years ago, but had been maintain from time to time. There was no obvious work on it this year.

I just don't know if I should use the blind or not. I don't want to get into an arguement with someone about the blind if I am there when they show up. However, it is on public hunting land and first come first serve is the rule in my area. What should I do? What should I say if someone does confront me about the blind?

BM
Old 09-13-2002, 09:29 PM

Default RE: Duck Blinds and Public land hunting???

Even though its public land , being in someone elses blind is bad....Watch closer to the beginning of season and see if they do any work to it.....Is the slough big enough for two blinds??...Leave a note in the old blind with your name and number , just in case someone does come to brush the blind before season...Maybe its someone who hunts by himself and might want a partner...Just my two cents worth , but I'd check out every option before I took up hunting someone elses blind
Old 09-14-2002, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Duck Blinds and Public land hunting???

On public land its first come, first serve. Even if you spend the time to put in a blind in one of your favorite spots. Anyone who builds a blind on public land should expect that anyone at any time can use it. Thats why we use homemade portable blinds out of steel conduit.

I LOVE ANIMALS........THEY TASTE GOOD!