Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What ammo for waterfowl?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

People that say Black Cloud is no good, can only come in three catagories:

1. using the wrong choke
2. can't shoot
3. full of chit and talking out their a$$
Old 10-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Spike

Default Whats the best Long Distance Choke with Blackcloud Shells

I'm Using a Benelli Nova and generally use 3" BB shells as there are a lot of Ducks and Geese in my area. I hear a lot of people say that people use the wrong choke with these shells and I don't want to fall into that category.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of the steel shot I have tried, Kent Fasteel is by far the best...

I have not tried Blackcloud, nor have I tried every brand... But of the half dozen or so that I HAVE tried, Kent comes as CLOSE to lead shot performance of any that I have shot..
Old 10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Black Cloud and Kents in 2's and 3's with great results with Briley IC and Mod. extended chokes in 3" for ducks. Geese if they are early in the season with 2's first shot and then BB's after that. Have shot the Winch. Supreme as well, liked it also. I have since tried to clear out what I have left on the shelves to make room for the 2 cases of Hevi-Metal I bought earlier this year when they came out at Dunns on sale. I really like it and it shots nearly as well as Hevi-Shot and I use a Briley ext. ported, IC early and Mod. later, with the 2's and 3's in 3" and 3-1/2 B's and BB's in IC.