Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What ammo for waterfowl?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want the best water fowl shells, at the best price, buy lead. Just don't get caught. If you want the best that is legal, buy tungsten. If you want the best that is legal and affordable buy black cloud. Kent is a good choice also. If you just remember to shoot them in the face, they all work pretty good.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

i hope your kidding about the first part
Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally think that BC is a bit of a gimmick, and right much overpriced. It patterns evenly, but I haven't noticed that it responds to choking at all. Skeet shot the same as IC, LM and Mod out of my gun. The hulls rust faster than every hull other than Kents (but for less than half the price.... who really cares).

I think that theWin Supreme's are the best quality, most consistant steel load on the market. I use their 12ga 3" #3s to the exclusion of just about everything else for ducks. I step up to #2s or BBs for geese. I shoot 3" #3 Kents out of my 20ga.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Federal Speed Shok is a good choice. I switched to them last year and was very successful. I will be using them again this season. Kent Fasteel is a good choice also. I used to use Estate, but the Speed Shok did a better job for me out of my gun.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Spike

Default Black Cloud

I just bought a box of Black Cloud 3 inch #3 shot with the duck commanders name and cant wait to try them out. I looked for Kent Fasteel but the store didn't have it?

B
Old 11-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Spike

kent fasteel is all i use in 3 and 3 1/2 4 for ducks bb fopr geese

Last edited by summerkamp; 11-28-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Spike

i use 2 ror ducks and t for geese
Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Spike

Heavy Metal shells
Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing I have shot out of my Benelli patterns good except Remington Sportmans Steel (Cheep), from what I have read the Winchester Supreme has a great rep, look on the Cabelas, Macks, Basspro website under product comments, this will give you a good barometer of ammo. Kents matrix has proven in my past to leak buffer material all over the blind bag, regular kents don't pattern in my Benelli with factory or Carlson chokes. I plan on trying the Kent's in my Beretta on the 18-19th for geese, don't know if I will get the craft paper out before then and test fire it. What I will say is I have 2 boxes of Winchester Supreme #3's on the way, SwampCollie's advice and the RNT Pro staff's advice is good enough for me.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Spike

Default duck hunting ammo

I have found that black cloud shells work the best out of any.I am going to try the hevi metal this weekend,but last weekend i was shooting at a mallard hovering over the decoys and i killed a gadwall behind him that was seventyfive yards away with the duck commander black cloud 3in 3s. Really great shells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.